Match Thread Everton v Manchester United. 1st Jan. 2018. 17.30

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm expecting a more positive approach tomorrow, Manure are certainly beatable. We need to be putting out our strongest team for this and Friday. Time to deliver some hope.
What is our strongest team for this game?To get a positive result from this one would give the club a massive boost here's hoping.

What is our strongest team for this game?To get a positive result from this one would give the club a massive boost here's hoping.
The thing is if he plays the so called strongest team whatever it is,and we do actually go for it,it will be as though the last 3 games have not mattered to him and he was only bothered about his clean sheet attempts instead of trying to win the game and not care about the oppo

I think we will go with 3 centre backs tomorrow so team will be Pickford, Kenny, Williams, Keane, Holgate, Martina, Schneiderlin,Gueye,Rooney,Sigurdsson and Calvert-Lewin. If we go with 2 centre backs it will be Keane out and Lennon in.

If we go into this game with the same mentality as we have approached the last two we will get battered. To sit back and let Utd. Play will be playing into their hands. They are no great shakes and if they are closed down they will crumble. It is just a matter of having the bottle to go for it.

I think we will go with 3 centre backs tomorrow so team will be Pickford, Kenny, Williams, Keane, Holgate, Martina, Schneiderlin,Gueye,Rooney,Sigurdsson and Calvert-Lewin. If we go with 2 centre backs it will be Keane out and Lennon in.
If Schneiderlin and DCL play, the best we can hope for is 0-0 because I can't see us scoring.

I'm being more positive for this game. Big Sam said he wants the players to be a bit more adventurous, but how can he expect that from the players when he's not being adventurous himself with team selection and playing style. This lot are beatable if we approach the game in the right way.

Everton 2 Manchester United 1

Pickford

Kenny Holgate Keane Martina

Gueye

Vlasic Rooney Lookman

Sigurdsson

DCL

Really trying my best to be positive and optimistic but i just cannot see anything other than a negative bore fest from the blues resulting in a loss. It is going to be painful. Only got to look at how we set up in the last 2 matches that were against much lesser teams than Man U. There is zero possibility of Allardyce being positive against a team like Man U. He will once again park the bus and hope for a draw. It is all he knows how to do and he has made a living out of it. Not looking forward to it at all. We are absolutely shocking to watch. It is anti football really. Worst i have seen from an Everton Team for quite a few years.

Anyway, lets see what happens.

Happy New Year to you all blues. :pint2::)

Status
Not open for further replies.