Match Thread Everton v Manchester City - Team Prediction, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimately we weren`t good enough today, didn`t use the ball well and gave it away too cheaply.

Cheating penalty aside we missed some good chances, DCL near post effort being absolutely guilt edged, just beaten by a better side and we move on. We need to get some points away at Wolves, which will not be easy because after that we have Villa (H), Fulham (A), Spurs (H) and City (A). I think we are getting 4 to 6 points from them 5 games, if that is the case I expect we will be in the relegation zone.

Bang goes our positive goal difference....

If we could get 2 scruffy snidey aggressive moderate ability scrappers in part exchange for Onana, we’d be an even uglier team, but accrue far far more points. And his fellow midfielders would pick up less yellow cards covering for him. And probably have a few million change. Glad Martinez is watching this shell of a performance.

Expected nothing from this game before it but now very disappointed that we didn’t get something. Thought the team played well for the most part. Still making more mistakes that we should.

I don't think we should overreact in response to this game. We haven't played badly, we competed the whole way through and asides from a mistake could have had something out of the game.
city are Miles ahead of us. so expected. more important is beating teams around us. we are far from safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.