Match Thread Everton v Manchester City - Team Prediction, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Manchester City have shown themselves to be vulnerable at times this season, so they are beatable. That said, I have a feeling that we are going to witness a festive season freak result that happens once in a blue moon (no pun intended).

19 EVECIT .png

The game where for all the optimism fans will need to stay the course. Because I can't see anything other than a heavy defeat.

That said, yesterday was very encouraging. I had us slated for a 4-0 hiding after the cup disappointment, and I was feeling sadly vindicated after 20 minutes. We fought back, though, and played with spirit. That's all we can truly demand of this set of honest, but ordinary, footballers. Credit to the manager. Doing stellar work.

Nevertheless, whisper it: we can't honestly expect to come away from a game like that if we are going to gift our opponents a two-goal head start. That bit has been forgotten in the pleasant surprise that we didn't capitulate.

So, all things considered, I think we're heavily up against it versus the best club side on the planet. Let's get into them and take our free hit. Wolves a few days later will be a better barometer of where we are really at.
They might destroy us because they still have the most talent and depth and we might be tired. However at least we are fighting and taking it to clubs these days so a result is way more likely than it has been in a long long time.

I think they’re hatred or disgust for our defiance in not accepting the relation they were aiming for will outweigh there want for an open title race .

I mean, they deffo don’t want villa to win it so if they can have city, rs and the arse above them that would be preferable until United sort themselves out
Sadly, one of us will be right….

City will only need one or two chances. Our lot need 7 or 8

During the Wolves game today, a caption was put up labelled “Big Chances Missed”

No1 Chelsea of 36
No2 = Everton & the RS on 34

No wonder we don’t win as many games as we should

PS I have no idea what a “Big Chance” is btw

We need some clinical who can simply put chances away. Who this is I don’t know. Who we can get who can put the ball in the net in 1/2 chances is anyone’s guess. I think it will be the difference between who goes down and who doesn’t. Even bloody Burnley and Luton managed to win yesterday.

Not really sure about this one.... City fresh from an easy win in the World Club event could have some confidence flowing so that makes the first goal very important. If we get it, we're not good enough to defend a lead against them but it will give us hope. I don't think we'll get blown away but our forwards don't give me much confidence of picking something up from the game. 2-0 City win is all I see.

At some point this season, City will wake up and remember who they are and the current front runners will realize they are playing for second place. However, this match isn’t it. We convert a chance or two this time out and walk away with a well earned point at 2-2. Merry Christmas Toffees!

Status
Not open for further replies.