Match Thread Everton v Manchester City 31st March KO 17:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep still hasn't beaten the mighty Everton. Comes from having too much respect knowing what a world class outfit we are. Expect him to play 10 at the back to try and nullify our attacking prowess. If they are lucky a backs to the wall display might just earn City a draw.

Ps is there anyway to hide match threads and any thread created or comment added after KO? About two weeks would do. I am going for a total media blackout.

after a lengthy full analytical study of this games possible outcome and player v player evaluation I have concluded .............. I need to get :drunk:

I'll do that thing where I'll be convinced we get stuffed until about half hour before kick off when I get excited and believe we'll win. Even continuing to believe we might get back in it Despite being 2/0 down with 5 mins to go

We can at least have a go and still salvage 7th place. Be alarming if the players have give up already and are thinking about their holiday plans.
West Brom did last year and never recovered. And I suspect we did ourselves in Bobby's last season.

I haven't got a clue how this bunch are going to behave under Allardyce. Tosun is new and Walcott still has hopes of getting in the England squad so I reckon they'll be puling their tripe out. Funes Mori wants to get in the Argentine squad so likewise. I'd play Vlasic in Siggy's position. Give Klaassen and Beni a few run outs as they'll be eager to impress. Probably Niasse too if he has a chance in getting in the Senegal squad. Coleman and Baines will hopefully just be glad to be back playing again. And get Holgate back in as soon as he's fit.

But you just know Allardyce will go with Keane/Jags, bring Schneiderlin back. Continue to play Davies despite him needing total rest. And Bolasie is a shoe in.

Would be terrified of this game if we were even half decent, which we aren't. A competent manager with a pair of balls leading Everton would be thinking to himself, right i have got 7 games left to try and make it harder for them to sack me so lets go for it because we are safe and nothing to lose. But nope, the negative defeatist numpty will already be setting us up not to win but to try and scrape a draw. We will get beat either way so the clown may as well just go for it and go down with a bit of honour, but he wont.

7 games left with him in charge, soon to be 6 games left. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.