Match Thread Everton v Man.United Carabao Cup - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top 4 at Christmas though eh. Not so bad.

We're four games off where we'd normally be, so remember that.

Of course it's good, but we've got through on bare bones - we knew that the way we played in the last few games wasn't sustainable. The cracks showed against Arsenal and today it didn't work at all.

There is a massive chance this season to achieve something. But if we don't add to the squad, then it's not going to happen. We should have known that in October yet bizarrely decided to loan out our only fit back-up striker at the time and not get anyone in, when we needed another forward as it was, on top of Kean.

Relying on Tosun - who in October was still not even training - to come in and take the load of Dom, while hoping that Richarlison would not miss any games either (which was quickly shown up as the clown of an idea that it was when he got sent off in the derby), was pathetic and a dreadful decision.

I half expected it tonight. But I've honestly been really worried about this Xmas run. I said it the other day, too.

The 3 league wins have given us a huge boost and a safety net of sorts. it'll ensure we're still in and around the top 6/8 places post Xmas.

But that's not really good planning from those at the club who's job it is to plan. And that's what worries me.

Top 4 at Christmas though eh. Not so bad.

We'll be lucky to get 4 points out the next 3 games - we are knackered, have a few injuries and a squad that is crap and doesnt allow us to rotate like other sides.

In hindsight we should have just put out a 2nd string tonight and had the best players fit rested for a full 7 days ready to take apart a poor Sheff Utd outfit.

As much as we would love a cup run we simply dont have the squad depth to fight on two fronts and aim for top 6 right now.

Not one bit. Understand theres a process happening and it will take time. Absolutely. I'm as disappointed as anyone but we are so reliant on a small core of players to do the job. Thats the crux of it for me.

Unfortunately, the people tasked with changing that have done it in half-measures.

There's external factors for that, granted, but Brands and the recruitment team simply have to make it work in January, one way or the other.

Moshiri will provide the funds if needed. He trusts Carlo and will - and has - backed him. It's up to Brands and the team to get creative with said funds and act quickly.

Still too many cowards in the squad Carlo and brands still need about 4 windows to sort out our squad, as we can't cope without Allen, James, digne but I do hope that's the last we see of cenk or Bernie coming off the bench to try and "affect" a game positively for us - they should be done with the manager after that showing tonight.

Time to give the young lads a chance now please Carlo - I won't have that flash, Nkounkou or even simms won't do more for us than some of the crap he keeps bringing on and trusting to perform when we need a big game from them!

An abject, cowardly capitulation. Anyone who thinks this team will achieve anything this season without major surgery is deluded. I fully expect a loss to Sheffield United.

Still too many cowards in the squad Carlo and brands still need about 4 windows to sort out our squad, as we can't cope without Allen, James, digne but I do hope that's the last we see of cenk or Bernie coming off the bench to try and "affect" a game positively for us - they should be done with the manager after that showing tonight.

Time to give the young lads a chance now please Carlo - I won't have that flash, Nkounkou or even simms won't do more for us than some of the crap he keeps bringing on and trusting to perform when we need a big game from them!

The game was there for an injection of pace and tenacity with about 15 left. They were doing nothing, and neither were we.

Davide and Carlo need to start realising that in those situations, Tosun is never the answer. Gordon was there, on the bench, and would have added something in place of a knackered Iwobi. We needed a player to get up the pitch with the ball. It was poor management and again boils down to a distrust of inexperience.

Well unfortunately, when you have a squad as imbalanced as ours, then you need to play players that offer something different, regardless of age.

Game was there to be won, as crap as we were, and instead they did nothing. Frustrating.

An abject, cowardly capitulation. Anyone who thinks this team will achieve anything this season without major surgery is deluded. I fully expect a loss to Sheffield United.

They're knackered. The last three displays were anything but.

The squad isn't good enough and the style of play over those last three wins was never going to be sustainable.

We knew that.

Sheff Utd will be a tough game, but we have momentum in the league. Today was a bridge too far. Just have to hope the players aren't too fatigued.

That's probably our only chance at a trophy :( from an Everton point of view thats demoralising.
So I have to be utterly miserable for the next 4 days or so when this club is currently 26 christmasses without winning anything ,I’d never be happy if I relied on that lot

Not good enough. End of story. Same thing I’ve seen for as long as I’ve been alive. It will probably never change, either.

Another disappointing night, I turned the TV over to SKY One towards the end and Davie Blaine was trying to blow his brains out, I think it was ironic as that what it feels to be like an Evertonian sometimes.

Anyway, going back to what I said months back until the dead wood are hoofed out Everton will fall short, well short. The biggest surprise about tonight is that they were in the game for so long, they never really troubled the United keeper did they.

Need the dead wood removed, it wont happen in January but if these players are still in the squad by next season prepare for de ja vu - at the very minimum these need to be replaced and my biggest worry is that DCL and Richarlison will be taken off our hands, they wont hang around forever.

Bernard
Delph
Davies
Gomez..

Gomes, Gomez? what is it.. was he even playing tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.