Match Thread Everton v Man.United Carabao Cup - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

May I ask your thinking behind this?

I would back a heavily rotated Everton to beat Sheffield, but I don't think our current best starting 11 (ie missing Digne and Allan) has much of a chance against City.

More so Goodison under the lights think RS aside we can beat anyone on our day if we defend well enough and take our chances.

Sheff Utd are a typical grim 8pm away day kick off with the players still hungover from Christmas Day and Sheff Utd have not won a game yet and ex kopite Brewster is yet to score a goal for them yet - enters Everton...

More so Goodison under the lights think RS aside we can beat anyone on our day if we defend well enough and take our chances.

Sheff Utd are a typical grim 8pm away day kick off with the players still hungover from Christmas Day and Sheff Utd have not won a game yet and ex kopite Brewster is yet to score a goal for them yet - enters Everton...

Has Brewster scored his first goal their yet? If not he's Danny Ingsing it.

Pickford
Coleman Holgate Keane Godfrey
Doucoure Davies
Iwobi James Richarlison
DCL

Think he will go for a bit more pace in defense, although Coleman played poorly against United last time (Shaw will be out though).

James will come in for Siggurdson.

Wouldn't be shocked if Bernard got a go for Iwobi as part of a rotation after playing well against these last time out.

Lets hope so Billy we want Brentford or Stoke in the Semi's then I'll be travelling down to Wembley for the big one COYB
only to find that on Feb 28, London is still in Tier 4 and there is no crowd allowed, pubs closed and a long train journey back... that would be Everton to get to a final in those circumstances.

I’d love to see us lift some silver, hoping Carlo can rouse the troops and get us to the next round. We’re as good as any team left in it and have a real chance of going all the way. Wednesday is a tough one a win into the semis and we are serious dark horses

Status
Not open for further replies.