Match Thread Everton v Man Citeh

Snickers - have they got smaller over the last 5 years?

• Yes

Votes: 276 93.6%
  • No

Votes: 19 6.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was brilliant!!, I have been lukewarm about RK but that was a cracking mixture of direct and get it on the deck and play. Not a fan of three at the back but it certainly worked well today. Confident movement off the ball makes life easy for the passer but more than anything else the attitude of the players was so good. Hungry to get the ball back when lost possession and looking forwards whenever possible with the ball!!! Thanks lads and hope Bradley had a great day!

Paul Wilson, of the Manchester Guardian:

That turned a convincing victory into a rout of City and the wild celebrations were fuelled by elements of surprise as well as relief. This was Everton’s biggest win over City in three decades and before the game absolutely no one was expecting that. Before the game Everton would have gladly settled for a draw or perhaps a narrow defeat and a mistake or two from John Stones.

Because I was marching round the house at half time I didn't listen to the tits at Sky HQ with their analysis

Watching it again now and Souness' is fuming with that 1st goal, literally can't give us praise the bellend.

Love it!

Great game and I am delighted but let me be devils advocate.....would we have won if there was anything at stake? Its OK doing it when becalmed in mid division miles away from relegation or the top 4 but would be do it with a top 4 place on the line? frankly I'll start to celebrate big wins when they matter.

As it is a great win against a team with an unproven novice manager who is out of his depth will do just fine.

Great game and I am delighted but let me be devils advocate.....would we have won if there was anything at stake? Its OK doing it when becalmed in mid division miles away from relegation or the top 4 but would be do it with a top 4 place on the line? frankly I'll start to celebrate big wins when they matter.

As it is a great win against a team with an unproven novice manager who is out of his depth will do just fine.

Even though most things are gone Europe is still at stake. Would have been nice to play like this in the cups; but if we can get Europe, and have somewhere near the team Ron wants, then I will be happy for his first season.

Even though most things are gone Europe is still at stake. Would have been nice to play like this in the cups; but if we can get Europe, and have somewhere near the team Ron wants, then I will be happy for his first season.

Koeman is in a very enviable position from where I see it. OK Europe Cup is possible but who cares about it? CL is where its at. He has a 7 to 8 month pre season with what is a series of low pressure mid division games like the one V City in which the absence of pressure helped the team to play with freedom to weld his team togetner in preparation for August.

Koeman is in a very enviable position from where I see it. OK Europe Cup is possible but who cares about it? CL is where its at. He has a 7 to 8 month pre season with what is a series of low pressure mid division games like the one V City in which the absence of pressure helped the team to play with freedom to weld his team togetner in preparation for August.

I care

Not really.

HE has to maintain 7th and also it in such a fashion that hes backed fully in the Summer to have a proper crack at 4th next season.

Also 7th would possibly give us a Euro spot, if we are lucky, with would certainly help our attraction come the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.