Match Thread Everton v Luton Town - Waffle, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Looking forward to this one!

Proper game of footy where it can't be taken away from us if we win (unlike premier league game nonsense where it seems the points we win are never actually ours anymore)
I wouldn’t be so sure.. they would probably take the cup off us if we somehow managed to win it 😀

I wouldn’t be so sure.. they would probably take the cup off us if we somehow managed to win it 😀
FA Cup so f all to do with the Premier League rats thankfully.

Imagine if we made the final at Wembley with a worldwide audience and thousands of us evertonians with our banners and songs slaughtering the Premier League for all to see. They would hate that but I think the FA might actually think it's funny

…..only decision I expect Dyche will ponder on is who replaces Doucoure. Gomes v Dobbin.

Dobbin; for those who watched him coming through the Academy, Dobbin is better in a central position. Playing him offers more goal threat and genuine pace. He’ll comfortably get alongside DCL and even beyond him and he has the quality to score goals. He can run with the ball from deeper positions and is a threat on the break.

Gomes; offers more quality in possession than Dobbin, can pick a pass and keep hold of the ball under pressure. His lack of pace means DCL gets isolated.

i expect Dyche to go with Gomes but given the opposition I’d be tempted to start Dobbin. Goals will be at a premium, Dobbin might just offer a bit more in the top third.
Gomes has scored 2 goals in about 3 games worth of minutes this season though.

I do feel most fans overlook this because of his lack of goals when he played deeper for us pre-injury.

FA Cup so f all to do with the Premier League rats thankfully.

Imagine if we made the final at Wembley with a worldwide audience and thousands of us evertonians with our banners and songs slaughtering the Premier League for all to see. They would hate that but I think the FA might actually think it's funny
Ive had the same thought myself

Anyone with the membership able to see if there's many pairs of seats together available to the moment? Looking for two together, enclosure ideally

Anyone with the membership able to see if there's many pairs of seats together available to the moment? Looking for two together, enclosure ideally
nope.jpg

Nope.

That’s likely an anomaly rather than a permanent change of form
It is clear he has the class but not the pace for this league. He was majestic v Spurs and better as Palace progressed. In addition he scored two more than Dom who we make big allowances for. To be clear, Dom is ploughing too lonely a furrow to expect much more.

With the recent run, while I dont find the cup as important, I think we need a good result here, a good strong win to build confidence again ahead of some important fixtures.

I am going down the ground in the morning hoping to get a ticket when they go on general sale .
Personally I think they should suspend online sales when they go on general sale at the box office opening times, to save people having wasted journeys and queuing up in the cold only to miss out to some bell in Somerset online who wants a ticket to tie himself to the goalposts.

I am going down the ground in the morning hoping to get a ticket when they go on general sale .
Personally I think they should suspend online sales when they go on general sale at the box office opening times, to save people having wasted journeys and queuing up in the cold only to miss out to some bell in Somerset online who wants a ticket to tie himself to the goalposts.
Loads of tickets available.