Match Thread Everton v Luton Town - Waffle, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Genuinely not even surprised by that though, this isn't the 70s and playing 4-4-2 with biggest steroid donkeys up top against a prem team is not a viable tactic. Said this in the first fixture against Luton but not blaming dyche too much today because genuinely only have 2 midfielders so sort of forced on him but yeah dcl and beto genuinely cannot play together and I hope that's the end of that experiment

They do, that is the problem and they will go toe to toe with us for the rest of the season, 1 point behind plus they have a game in hand.

I think this season will be much much closer that the previous. Our only hope is getting points back, if we don`t we probably go...

I was worried that Onana in the Fulham game would have burst our bubble and it really did, 1 win in 7 now.

Just absolutely fed up of 30 years of absolute crap and never getting near anything half decent happening to us... Sean Dyche is the man for now but the second we don`t have these issues he should be sacked, he is not progressive and his game management is as bad as any manager we`ve had.

mate dyche is all we can get for now and the foreseeable and we all
can’t do a thing

Smacks of the "old" Everton of the last few seasons.

I think we have the answer of whether we can play two up with DCL and Betto and the answer is "No". If you can't hold your own in midfield against Luton then it won't work in the Premiership. Their centre half was MoM and unfortunately Betto looked like a dud today.

As far as the cup goes, it doesn’t matter, we were obviously going out as soon as we met a half reasonable team. Losing to Luton though again at home is bad for morale.

Status
Not open for further replies.