Match Thread Everton v Luton Town - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think punish is the right word, but from my pov DCL played a lot on Wednesday and I would have played it safe with his fitness by bringing him on for the last 35.

Beto could have got a goal against these too to help boost his confidence. Giving him the last 30 odd isn't helping him get used to the league.

Its just illogical at this point.

I don't think punish is the right word, but from my pov DCL played a lot on Wednesday and I would have played it safe with his fitness by bringing him on for the last 35.

Beto could have got a goal against these too to help boost his confidence. Giving him the last 30 odd isn't helping him get used to the league.
If we win today and DCL scores and keeps his place again then Beto is not a happy bunny going into the international break.

Dyche has to be a bit more savvy than this.

Agreed. Battering ram for 60 mins as per Brentford (and did everything but score), then either bring Dom on to play alongside or replace depending on how it’s going. Doing the other way round sends a message to spend the last 20 mins hoofing it rather than exploiting the spaces that will appear. They will for sure come to be solid for as long as they can manage. Point would be good for them.

We’ll see. Should still be strong enough. But Beto should keep the starting place until he deserves to lose it.
Agree mate, if we go one up today we need to press on and have the confidence to be ruthless.
The fume in here and the old lady will be off the scale if we lose this one, can't really see it happening tbh but we are Everton.

Wind your neck in, we've won our last two games when he got it 'wrong'.
Agree with this, lets see how the game goes... When he put Garner in for Brentford it was viewed negatively with how we played v Arsenal so naturally there was scepticism with that move, that turned out OK.

Going 5 at the back v Villa seemed to be defensive but we went at them in the 1st half....

I don`t think we can make too much of the line up but I want to see a team go out and go after Luton today and score a few goals! My fear is 1 goal either way settles it with Luton sat deep, we struggle with them....

EDIT: I will say there is a logic not starting your strongest XI but finishing with the strongest or most attacking XI. Goal threats to come from the bench....

Status
Not open for further replies.