Match Thread Everton v Liverpool, Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sturridge was on fire that season; easily the equal of Salah. The Rodgers' MF of Gerrard, Coutinho, Henderson were superior to the tat there now.
Forgot about Coutinho. Just goes to show the difference a top class defence and goal keeper makes. City as good as they are, are still vulnerable at the back and I still think that will prove their Achilles heel in the champions league. Whether it proves to be their undoing in the premier league, we can only hope and pray it doesn’t. As their midfield is comfortable the best in the premier league or if not Europe at the moment.

I love all the optimism a derby brings...

There was a home game earlier this season and alot on here were saying how many we'd win by, 4/5/6 nil were the shouts.

I think we lost that game.

lol

So because Sigurdsson has scored a few from midfield we play him up front?

If that "Roster" is anywhere even close I will eat my grandfather's ashes.
Joint 9th highest goal scorer in the league and top in the team, can hold up the ball, obviously skilled in putting the ball in the back of the net, 6’1” (186 cm) so could definitely win a header or two if he’s up to it, far more skilled than Cenk and Bambi at link up play, and played the second striker at Swansea prior to coming to us.

Also as explained a few days ago Gylfi Schniederlin Gana Davies and Gomes all have a very good stake in starting over the weekend with very few reasons for Cenk or Bambi other than that’s “their position”.

Calm yourself about me using roster. I already explained it was just to get a stir out of Nymzee and Goat but seemed to be mostly just a sensitive point for you and frank.

Joint 9th highest goal scorer in the league and top in the team, can hold up the ball, obviously skilled in putting the ball in the back of the net, 6’1” (186 cm) so could definitely win a header or two if he’s up to it, far more skilled than Cenk and Bambi at link up play, and played the second striker at Swansea prior to coming to us.

Also as explained a few days ago Gylfi Schniederlin Gana Davies and Gomes all have a very good stake in starting over the weekend with very few reasons for Cenk or Bambi other than that’s “their position”.

Calm yourself about me using roster. I already explained it was just to get a stir out of Nymzee and Goat but seemed to be mostly just a sensitive point for you and frank.
Almost as if you know us!

Joined last Saturday!

Sigurdsson played up front against Lyon and was terrible.

Indeed. At least a draw in this for us.

Nonsense. They are a good team, but very very good?

Pfffft!

Gnasher's Rodgers shower were a better team than this lot. They make watching paint dry look like a spectator sport.

Agreed.

They are high energy, juiced up kick and rush merchants. Dreadful side to watch and beatable if you remain in shape and play through the spaces.

Their tactic works well at home, but they have been outplayed away many times.

You just have to cut out the mistakes which we have been very prone to recently, and take the chances!

Just for once I hope we can play at the level our lads are capable of.

We can beat them.

My dad is the most optimistic man I know in regards to Everton. Pretty much every game he fancies us to 'get something' over the course of my entire life.

Even he's got the Domestos handy for this one.
The stats all point to one result..

Liverpool’s GK and defence is much better then 2013/2014. Midfield is still average now as it was in 2014. As for the forwards:
Sterling = Mane
Suárez > Firmino
Sturridge < Salah
Mane today is much better than Sterling was back then imo. Raheem has improved a lot since then.

Just can't get over how long its been since we won a big game. It's clearly mentality as much as quality. Even terrible teams beat the odd big team.

Status
Not open for further replies.