Match Thread Everton v Liverpool - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The ref on BT said this isn’t true, you can be booked after an offside otherwise people would Just be punching each other with no comeback. Makes it all the sweeter I think. I hope this is the start of the leagues payback for them trying to take control with the mancs

Maybe if it’s not a football action, like if you just run up as the offside is being called and chin somebody, a bang-bang play like that is different

....you can chin somebody after the final whistle and still be sent off. A dangerous challenge on a football,pitch is a dangerous challenge, even if it follows an offside decision.
Just thought play stops. If he trips him up it's not a penalty is it. Or are we saying it's violent conduct? Surely you can't give a penalty if you've already given offside.

I don’t care what horrible challenges their lot might have made over the years; if you’re celebrating a Liverpool player’s serious injury you’re a bad divvy.
I feel that we're are not celebrating a player being injured just pointing out (in my opinion ) that karma eventually comes back to bite you in the ass !

I dont know about you lads but watching our derby on BT today made me felt like I am watching on LFCTV , both commentators Steve McManaman and other [Poor language removed] were absolutely biased , so pissed
Sorry, didn't notice.

Think I already made my feelings perfectly clear on that subject during the match. Absolute disgrace.

Van Dik Head went out there today with the intention of hurting our most important and dangerous players and Karma bit him up the ass and cost him his season. You reap what you sow and the rs tit got what he deserved.

COYB's
Big thanks Pickford for putting Lurch back in the dressing room, and you played well.

....I had to drive into town last season on a Reds match day & I was amazed at the no of supporters with ‘Virgil’ on their shirts. I’m talking grown-ups, not children. They’ll be devastated if he has a bad knock.

i’ve never done an ACL, but had plenty of ligament injuries. Generally you can walk ok in straight lines but it’s agony if there’s pressure from the sides. I’d guess ligament, but even that could be 10 weeks.

Pickford will be hated, but it was a goalkeepers desperate effort to block. A football incident. It was reckless but it wasn’t done with malice.

Spot on. The amount of people frothing at the mouth saying he meant it, he shouldn't have done it blah blah blah. You see that manoeuvre from a keeper game after game after game. Its a keepers block. He didn't mean it, it was an impact injury, unfortunate for VVD but it is what it is.

I missed the start of the game, and so missed the 2 tackles that VVD made that I've seen people talk about on here.. we're they bad? Were either or both a yellow?

Probably cumulatively should have got a yellow from the pair of them. Neither are anywhere near as bad as Pickford's tackle on him.

What drives me mad is how him going in strongly and fouling our players is commended by the media as him setting the tone and sending a message to our best players. But as soon as our players give any back, it's a disgrace.

Status
Not open for further replies.