Match Thread Everton v Liverpool - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to leave for work just before this started, and managed to avoid the result until just now. Without seeing it, I'll take that... we equalised twice, had a man sent off, avoided another for taking out their "Rolls Royce" defender, and dodged yet another heartbreaking end, thanks to VAR of all things. We can easily go toe-to-toe with these now... brighter days ahead. UTFT.

Feels like a massive massive point this early on, we’ll get a decision or two go against us to balance that out at some point but we’ve played two of the so called ‘big 6’ and taken 4 points off them. We’ve bounced back after a set back for the 4th straight league game to either win or draw, that is a massive positive to take right now

Don't think enough blues are realising this mate. We'd concede a goal the last few years, our heads would go down and an inevitable loss would follow. He's changing the culture, slowly but surely.

...I thought we’d have to ride our luck to get anything. We were chasing shadows for much of the game but a team always has a chance when they have creativity and carry a threat in the top third.

i understand the Keane MoM shouts (I backed him 1st goal @ 50-1 ffs) and Allan stuck to his task when it was very difficult for him. Disappointed in Mina, you have to be 100% on your game and not switch off against top players and I thought Gomes was poor in possession when thats what he’s in the team for.

I’m actually going for Pickford. The mistake he made didn’t matter in the end, and he influenced the game with a couple of top saves and the challenge on VvD.

Status
Not open for further replies.