Match Thread Everton v Liverpool - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some weird comments. They are still the side everyone has to beat for the title. They had their strongest outfield line up.
We have come on so far this season but we are still not the level they have been building to get at for 4/5 years.
We are a few months into a new team.
Comments of cowardly are unreal.
Think we showed a lot more character against them today. Long may it continue

I am in absolute disbelief people have voted Pickford for MOTM. He made 1 good save and 1 great save, but should have been sent off and should have been at fault for a 94th minute winner barring a hair being offside. I seriously hope he never plays a game again - he’s completely lost the plot and cannot be part of a side that wants to finish
high

2E414A98-41D0-47E6-940F-7C8C4948994A.jpeg

That’s what I did when that 3rd went in. I’m not ashamed. God seen in that moment I became a lost soul throwing me retro jersey to the floor and saved me. It had to happen.

Pundits just said "technically it is offside"

Shut it then, It's rightfully disallowed
Technically
Liverpool looked like what they are, champions and best team in the league.

Easy to look at us and think we underperformed but I think we were just that 5-10% off them, and in the context of the first sentence I think that is a credit to the team when you look at our starting point 6 weeks ago.

Crucially we found ways to penetrate them and walk away 3 points clear. That is huge progress.

Let others beat them, we need to kick on now.
Did they win the champions league last season?

Status
Not open for further replies.