Match Thread Everton v Liverpool - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter crouch said "what happened to giving the attacker the benefit of the doubt" over the Henderson disallowed goal. This was never in the rules, was it?
i think he is getting confused... The instruction is let the game continue even if you think the attacker is offside and let VAR sort it out....

Just finishing watching the game , just about recovered! What a waste of time going to “ unbiased ex Liverpool footballer Steve McManaman “ for a comment . A fair result but nobody of a RS persuasion will admit it which makes it quite funny too.
Still , the BT commentator got it right just as I switched off “ .... a game between Everton and their Bitter Rivals “ . Although “ gobshites” desribes them better , I’m quite liking calling them our “ Bitter rivals“

What are we thinking?

1. Hard fought point against last seasons champions to maintain unbeaten run and top of league status or,
2. Opportunity missed to get that monkey off our back against a team that got dinnered 7-2 last time out.

My head says 1 but my heart says 2. Will be sweeter to break the curse at their hellhole.

Massive missed chance mate, irrespective of our derby record, it was a chance for another statement win after spurs, a chance for 6 points clear.

We just didn't want it enough sadly, think too many players not at 100%, the team sheet looked, but a lot of those players were injured in the last two weeks and coming back from South America etc

Massive missed chance mate, irrespective of our derby record, it was a chance for another statement win after spurs, a chance for 6 points clear.

We just didn't want it enough sadly, think too many players not at 100%, the team sheet looked, but a lot of those players were injured in the last two weeks and coming back from South America etc
I was thinking the same thing about the South American’s but didn’t want to sound like making excuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.