Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton 1
Liverpool 2
1602941950767.png

Dominic Calvert-Lewin speaks. “Very strange ... we’re disappointed we didn’t kick on at 1-1 ... it’s coming, I genuinely believed the day would be today that we’d do it, but it’s not to be, so we go the next one ... we had chances to go on and win it, but didn’t take them ... I’m disappointed that we didn’t win the game ... it’s frustrating ... but in terms of the bigger picture we didn’t lose and keep the unbeaten run going.”

I really don't know what they are looking at when making the offsite call. It doesn't matter now. The next two games are critical for Everton. In this game, we saw that if Allan and Doucoure are not playing well then Everton doesn't have the ball. Also, there is no player to accompany James in creating plays for the forwards. Neither Gomes (what a poor game he had) nor Syggs is up to par. I mean, Syggs touched the ball a couple of times, but that was it. Carlo has a lot of work to do, but the team is thin.
Cheer up mate!

I never heard as much fawning over a player as those two commentators did today over Thiago, it was embarrassing to listen to.

He's no Messi, and he's no more influential to them (if fact, we don't even know yet!) than Rodriguez is for us, yet James barely got a mention despite a great performance.

Literally every time Thiago did something - anything - it was as if it was some groundbreaking piece of skill that made a huge impact on the game.

Embarrassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.