Match Thread Everton v Leicester City - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Leicester

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really disappointed in this performance.

The ground was eerily weird before kick off. Just felt flat.

I really am at the end of my tether with the majority of the squad and just hope we get over the line as I dread to think what the state of the club will be if we don't.

I dont think I'm unfair in any of the points below..

Pickford-his awareness around the box is mind boggling. He frightens the life out of his defence and me alike.

Coleman - his second touch always takes him backwards. Why the faux anger all the time too?

Mina- erratic. Why get into battles all the time? Just concentrate on defending.

Godfrey - needs his hand held. Not sure of their is a player in their.

Gray - can see why he's never made the step up in his career. Would happily ship him for £10m plus.

Iwobi - man reborn. Fair play. Saddens me that he is the one embarrassing some of the others.

Gordon-terrible first half. OK second half but continually makes things happen. Great talent.

Mykolenko - the boy is terrific. Should be a marathon runner. He has Digne and Deloufeuo lung capacities combined.

Lampard - speaks a great game. Needs to get more out of this lot if he remains as manager.

What is going on with the refs in our games? The United game, Pickford is booked for time wasting, yet last night, every player was at it for them and he wasn't even pushing them to hurry up.

5 minutes added on against United, for nothing. Yet only 5 last night? None of it makes sense.

Gray and Allan stunk the place out last night. It was a night of contradictions for me, I praised Richy for his workrate, but his two sitters cost us 3 points. Gordon's workrate was immense, but he offered very little. Mina was solid, but then he'd dribble and suddenly it felt troublesome. Coleman made some solid tackles, but at one point, sat there feeling sorry for himself, whilst they attacked us.

Jekyll and Hyde FC

What is going on with the refs in our games? The United game, Pickford is booked for time wasting, yet last night, every player was at it for them and he wasn't even pushing them to hurry up.

5 minutes added on against United, for nothing. Yet only 5 last night? None of it makes sense.

Gray and Allan stunk the place out last night. It was a night of contradictions for me, I praised Richy for his workrate, but his two sitters cost us 3 points. Gordon's workrate was immense, but he offered very little. Mina was solid, but then he'd dribble and suddenly it felt troublesome. Coleman made some solid tackles, but at one point, sat there feeling sorry for himself, whilst they attacked us.

Jekyll and Hyde FC
The refs would love nothing more than to play a key part of trying to get us relegated.

Strange that both goals were the same. Same end, ball pulled across, centre forward doesnt connect properly and second striker ges a bit of luck on the edge of the six, and it goes in the net. Didn't seem like either side was going to produce anything magical on the night, usual boring affair between these two that came alive in the last 10. I dont think there is that much between liecester and us, if the league positions were reversed we'd have their confidence. The margins are not big this year outside the top6-7.

MOTM to Iwobi again

Mykolenko showing very positive signs, I think he will serve us well.

Richy, oh dear, what could have been.

The last minute madness made up for a drab 90mins of football. Expecting Southampton to be too much for Burnley tonight and for us to look back on yesterday more fondly than we thought we might come season end. We're staying up.

The last minute madness made up for a drab 90mins of football. Expecting Southampton to be too much for Burnley tonight and for us to look back on yesterday more fondly than we thought we might come season end. We're staying up.
Mate we really need Burnley to drop points tonight - we are in deep doodoo

I haven’t been the match for a while (long story!), so I’d be interested to know what the atmosphere was like against Leicester.

Were we like the proverbial 12th man or was it a bit quiet?

Status
Not open for further replies.