Match Thread Everton v Leicester City - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Leicester

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Truly awful finishing and a major amount of luck with Leicester missing their many chances. Mykolenko MotM just in front of Iwobi who faded. Would be nice to see someone pass to him on an overlap. How can so many of our players have so long without a game and still be shot after 70 minutes?

Oh, and Rodgers is the most unlikeable manager I can remember in the PL. Klopp being praised for his 'gegenfouling' but Rodgers takes it to another level with time-wasting and play-acting in the first half.

Of course it helps.

A point a game will get us over the line in all probability.

It is so long since we drew a game we have forgotten the importance of snatching a draw.

If only we had turned three or four of those one goal defeats into draws we would be all but safe right now.
7 points from 7 games keeps us up IMO, gets us to 36. I dont think Burnley are gonna get 11 points from 7 games and if they do fair play to them.

It would be nice to still be above them come Saturday night with 2 games in hand becuase our next 2 are Liverpool and Chelsea, you can pretty much write them games off. I`m going for a nice long walk on Sunday afternoon without my phone, I dont really want to be watching that game.....

So many posts saying what an awful performance, what did you expect from this lot? 4 points from 6 against United and Leicester with this bunch is a good return.
Anyone saying start Rondon need to take their head for a wobble, it’s happened before and he’s been tripe when starting.
Five in defence and five in midfield Sunday, go all Simeone on the RS Sunday otherwise it’ll be a rugby score.
As for DCL, any club that wants him send your offers in because when he is needed he doesn’t show up, literally

BBC…how things change…….

21:34

Post update​

Everton 0-1 Leicester
The TV camera cuts to Frank Lampard who looks completely fed up.
His side is heading for another defeat. Leicester are temporarily down to 10 after an injury to Patson Daka.
An Everton corner is swung into the box and Salomon Rondon puts it wide.

21:36

GOAL - Everton 1-1 Leicester​

Richarlison
A crucial equaliser right at the death!
Incredible scenes as Dele Alli does well to carve out an opening which falls to Richarlison via Salomon Rondon.
The Brazilian buries it from close range and Goodison goes crazy.

One out of three ain't bad. And for the record a "great night" is Bayern 85, JR's first game, Ferguson vs the Mancs to basically seal 4th

The latter was 17 years ago tonight FYI.... that's Evertonian progress for you.

Tonight, we drew against a Leicester team with both eyes on a probable UECL final. Adequate, not great.

17 years! Remember celebrating that goal like it was yesterday.

I just honestly can't with this team anymore.

We were absolutely shocking have somehow come away with a point and part of me is still completely at a loss how we've not won with the 2 Richarlison missed sitters.

Nothing about our club makes any sense anymore, nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.