Match Thread Everton v Leicester City - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a Fox and I was really disappointed with Everton's boring negativity. A wonder goal from nothing gave you a chance of a win. We well deserved a stroke of luck with Pickford's error. Surely you guys want to see more exciting football?

We had some fantastic football at the start of the season with a fully fit squad, but last night we were playing our 3rd and 4th choice central midfielders so it was always going to be difficult against a good team like last night.

Carlo is very pragmatic and finds a system to suit the players available, rather than insist on 1 system and 1 system only, even if the players aren’t suited to it.

As long as we’re getting results and improving, which we are at the moment, most fans will be happy.

I am a Fox and I was really disappointed with Everton's boring negativity. A wonder goal from nothing gave you a chance of a win. We well deserved a stroke of luck with Pickford's error. Surely you guys want to see more exciting football?

We had about 4 exciting footballers on the pitch yesterday, James, DCL, Digne and latterly, Iwobi. The rest are either safe footballers, passing sideways or backwards or just not playing well at the moment.

Surely thats how you would want every opposition team to play against you?

If we would have beaten you 5-0 playing gung-ho attacking football, I can't envisage you would have came on here saying 'I am a fox and I was really pleased with Everton positive play last night'.

4 points off you in 6 weeks.

Are you new to supporing Leicester ?? As you win the league playing the same way!!

Your not exactly Brazil yourselves mate.

For all the pretty football in and around our box your only half decent shot was a pea roller my dog would have saved.

As soon as it went 1-1 we changed shape and went on to miss 3 glorious opportunities to finish you off.

Didnt see Leicester create any clear chances the whole game. You only scored because of yet another Pickford gaffe.

I want to see winning football. Your lot won a league parking the bus and hoofing long to Vardy and Mahrez.

Always get the feeling with Pickford he likes to take any opportunity to “dive for the cameras”, i.e. when he tipped it out for the corner, I imagine he thought ”this might go in”, but his overriding thought would still have been “I’ll look incredible diving and saving this”. What a berk.
Olsen in please (not that I have much faith in him either).
Honestly think that's a bit of a poor assumption.

He has a split second to think about it, and gets his positioning wrong. It's probably as simple as that, but it's a poor mistake.

yeah for sure haha

yeah for sure
One was a corner so no.
No it was a cross in the 2nd phase of play. We also scored against Arsenal and Sheffnunited from open play. Do you have an agenda against ancellotti. We have amassed 16 points in the last 7 games with a injury hit squad. Let’s play lovely football every week and give the opposition a free hit. It doesn’t work like that and you know it. I should have to be justifying this!

Madison is a cracking player, took several hits last night and got up without moaning.. a player like him is exactly what we need, top class.
Seen him play quite a bit now and I think I'd take Barnes from them over Madison .. we seem to kill off Madison type players and he'd be crabbin' with the best of them in no time.

I was worried about this game being one of those missed opportunities, so many over the years, 'if we had just won that game we'd be in this position'... and that too with leicester, we could have overhauled them sooner with 3 points. However after being pissed off and angry last night I was more balanced today too

Yeah - DCL was off form - that's fair - last year was his breakthrough, this is his first real season as a proper player
Digne, Richarlison were off as well
so 3 of James' outlets were off colour
and we had no Allan and Doucoure
and we made a bad mistake
this is Year 1 of our transition team, Leicester are 2,3 years ahead of us in the development of their own squad - they're all tighter - not better - than us

despite all of that, and being dominated, we got away with 1-1, last year we would have got beaten badly

I was thinking earlier of the dropped points and the disappointing performances / results of the Southampton, Newcastle, Leeds, Burnley and West Ham games but then thought, well, we are still competitive at the top.

There have been unexpected results in plenty of games and I see it staying that way all season.

We've strengthened the squad well but it's early days and it will probably be a couple of transfer windows before the manager gets his squad.

It's a decent point really the annoyance is a known unreliable player was unreliable and it cost us a little bit extra.

I don't have an agenda. I said big chances anyway and with maybe the exception of Iwobi's goal none of them were that. So the point stands. Sigurdsson at SHU is not a big chance just a good finish.

On the Keane goal at Wolves most places aren't going to count that as open play. If the structure of the game is still broken up from the corner, even if it isn't the actual taking of the corner, it is a goal from the corner. Wolves never cleared it so it is a set play goal.

Look being lucky isn't necessarily a bad thing if you take advantage, but taking advantage means doing things better than in the period when you've gotten lucky. We've been fortunate that we haven't conceded more because we have a clown in goal and we've been fortunate to score a few goals from smaller chances and that we've finished some set pieces off. That's just reality. But now as we get healthy we've got to try to be an attacking threat again so that we aren't relying on winning on the margins every single week.

I was thinking earlier of the dropped points and the disappointing performances / results of the Southampton, Newcastle, Leeds, Burnley and West Ham games but then thought, well, we are still competitive at the top.

There have been unexpected results in plenty of games and I see it staying that way all season.

We've strengthened the squad well but it's early days and it will probably be a couple of transfer windows before the manager gets his squad.

It's a decent point really the annoyance is a known unreliable player was unreliable and it cost us a little bit extra.

It really is decent overall - if we're patient and think about the big picture it's only been just over a year, and quite a dramatic improvement!

Status
Not open for further replies.