Match Thread Everton v Leeds United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So our DoF bought a midfielder that you wanted and cried for (because he was brilliant apparently), the manager plays but it’s the DoF fault because he’s not played in his correct position??? Even though that’s the position he played for Watford??

I mean you can’t spout anymore BS than that

Stick to pretending to be an MMA fighter because footy ain’t for you
Who was after Doucoure?

They pass and move well but as I said earlier, any decent team will find a way to beat them.

And they have. They've beaten Fulham, Villa, Sheff United. Got wellied by Leicester, Palace, let the RS slot 4 passed them and Wolves pinched a 1.0 win.

Watch Chelsea destroy them.

We badly miss the full backs Iwobi was all over the place predictably & 352 just didn't work at all today and we were out worked the entire game we never had a grip in midfield and its why we lost. We have to solve the riddle of having James in our team and being solid. We were poor and looked dysfunctional in this system today I was surprised Carlo waited so long to change it as it was clear what the outcome would be. We were crap and still could have scored two or three. Another frustrating game.

I prefer to blackout everton than go ballistic... but needs to be said..
1. Why can we not turn around being one of the worst passing sides in the EPL.. consistently poor over the seasons
2. Carlo should not be above reproach. His team selections have been poor. Been managing like a conservative reactive manager since Liverpool.. not one of the worlds best. As soon as a manager sticks players out of position just for experience I feel we are back to Moyes days
3. We hate playing teams that press us... defensively always go to the dogs
4. Richy and Dom both poor tonight.. maybe it was the impact of rubbish passing but even James passing was average.
5. Point 1 again.. passing.. I can’t get my head around it. Puts the pressure straight back on which leads to point 3 all over again.. it’s like a never ending loop...

Allan superb tonight

But week ruined. Ale house for me. My season is as close as it could be to slipping into the apathy of the past endless seasons.

Fair play to Leeds...

They bossed the game but lacked quality to finish off...

Could have gone either way to be honest...

But we can have no complaints we were beaten by a more determined team...

We always struggle when teams are prepared to have a go at us & the intensity was just too much in the end...

It had to be 3 in midfield and someone has to be deeper than Allan. He's doing a lot of really important stuff for the team but his position and the system mean that he does it with the constant risk of leaving a hole for the other team to exploit.

Carlo also has to understand that despite winning once and only losing 1-0 that this system is not working. Unfortunately he is going to have to suck it up and play Nkounkou at LB.

Status
Not open for further replies.