Match Thread Everton v Leeds United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

I would agree and the back 3 are the ones I'd go for against a pacy and mobile Leeds team, but as I said elsewhere- why play 2 players out of position? If Iwobi played RWB again, he would probably give us something going forward, but now he's on the wrong side, meaning he will come inside far too often. You then factor in that Davies is also a midfielder by trade (with no pace) meaning he is likely to do that. Richie likes to come inside - as does James. We have the potential to all bunch into the middle like we did against Newcastle whilst also nullifying any attacking threat we have ourselves.

This will also leave loads of space in the wide areas for Leeds to attack into. And my issue is, that even if he wanted to experiment with this, why not have N'Kounkou on the bench for if it goes horribly wrong? All of our options are slow and ponderous and will further clog up the middle of the park.

I hope I'm wrong, but this has disaster written all over it.

I do see your points. I definitely think Nkounkou and Kenny should be on the bench. I just hope if it goes badly that it’s not the end of this formation. I think with a fully fit Digne and Coleman it’s probably the formation that would suit this current squad the best.

I think that Davies is a good choice today, he can bring creativity and direct pass to DCL, however everyone knows he loses position easily, it is a risk but it could work. At second half maybe could be replaced by Gomes. Today it'll be a tactical game with two of the best managers nowadays in Premier League. Let's see. #COYB

Godfrey has struggled there which is fair enough as he isnt a RB. Kenny is crap and I think as Iwobi has been moved to the left over Nkounkou for his experience, Davies is the only choice really.

He has a bit of pace, can pass a ball and will be very disciplined. The only problem with him is he is hit and miss, so we will either get a very good game from him or a really poor one

That XI doesn't seem too bad really, little bit more defensive then Fulham like and it hinges on Davies having a good game really. Could work though.

Status
Not open for further replies.