Match Thread Everton v Huddersfield 02/12/2017 3pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must win game.

If results go our way, we could be 8 points off the relegation places and sitting in 9th place.

It never ceases to amaze just how dire and gruesomely poor the bottom half of the table is.

We have been fragile, confused, toothless, indifferent, and incapable of even basic man-marking for virtually the entire season, which has seen us routinely humiliated by thoroughly mediocre sides.

And yet we haven't even needed to play well to obtain any of our points so far, and with another choice result, we could well be out of it by Sunday.

They havent scored away from home for yonks, be good to get another shut out and with Prince Niasse back and ready to go this could be a nice 3 points. Plus if Chelsea can do Newcastle by a few that could be another team with much better goal differance we peg back on that level

Why haven't we given Brendan Galloway a chance at LB? I remember him having a run of games a couple years back and thinking that he impressed. Seems that he has been on loan ever since and I cant figure why.

It feels like months since I've said this (I thought we'd lose on Wednesday). However I think we will win tomorrow. Big Sam boost, their form and confidence must be on the floor, we are coming off a good win and they must be getting fatigued. I sense 2/3-0.

He's at Sunderland on loan and mega gash

He started 15 matches for us as a 19 year old in 15/16 and the squad returned a record of 5-6-4 or 21pts during that span.

Obviously its not a wonderful return; but its better than we've been of late (I realize this is not a like for like comparison) and 2 years of maturation later, I'd have to believe he'd provide better back up relief than Cuco "expletive" Martina. Just seems odd to not even have the lad in the squad when Leighton is literally our only LB and also 32.

I listening to FSA today I think he’ll go for the same 11 as weds
I hope he puts Keane in for Holgate and realises just how bad Martina is.
I’d chance

Pickford
Holgate. Keane Williams. Kenny

Gana
Rooney. Davies

Lennon . DCL. Siggy

I listening to FSA today I think he’ll go for the same 11 as weds
I hope he puts Keane in for Holgate and realises just how bad Martina is.
I’d chance

Pickford
Holgate. Keane Williams. Kenny

Gana
Rooney. Davies

Lennon . DCL. Siggy
Think that's exactly what he will do....get the spirit going from Weds...

JP in goal and I was impressed with Kenny and Holgate against West Ham...leave them in the lineup. I would rather see Jags over Williams and Baines over Cuco if he is healthy.

Leave Gana and Davies in. Lennon played OK but give Lookman or Vlasic the start. Lennon or Mirallas as a tactical sub.

Naisse starts and DCL as a tactical sub.

Final score 2-1 Blues...Niasse and Rooney scoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.