Match Thread Everton v Fulham - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
My friends and family regard me as an eternal pessimist, particularly when it comes to Everton FC. But as a new member to this forum I'm shocked to learn that so many of my fellows Blues have already written off our great club.

Some of us are talking as if we are odds on to go down, but we aren't even in the relegation zone! I remember Wimbledon and I remember Coventry. I remember the trepidation and ultimately the jubilation. I didn't write us off when we were 2-0 down against Wimbledon and needed to win to stay up, so with 24 points still to play for and with 3 dire teams still below us I refuse to give up.

Dyche, rather uncharacteristically, made some mistakes against Fulham. We also sorely missed Doucoure. However, our overall home record under Dyche is solid and that will keep us up... as long as we Blues keep the faith.

We fans need to treat every remaining home game as a cup final, just as we did last season. With just a few games to go last season we were actually in the relegation zone and Burnley were very much in the ascendency. But we stayed up and maintained our Premier League status... just as we will this season.

We are Everton. We don't do relegation. In our entire 140-year history we have been relegated just twice and we have enjoyed more seasons in the top division than any other club.

Resigning ourselves to relegation achieves nothing. It simply plays into the hands of those who would love to see us on our knees and relegated to the oblivion of the lower leagues.

Keep the faith, Blues.
Superb analysis.

Just watched the highlights as you don't really see the smalls details at the game.

Literally all 3 goals are a combination of myko and Keane.

Myko just gets abused and gives up so much space down that side, first he let Wilson cut in and shoot, second all the space in the world got a cross and the third was a free kick straight down that side.

And all 3 Keane just stood around the box marking thin air.

If dyche doesn't drop both of them next game he can do one as well. Sick of these managers coming in and just having their favourites, ridiculous way to manage a club.
I dont know why Dyche still uses Keane… Crap Player and very weak in mentality and we have choices to rotate like Mina and Coady. I think he trusts too much on ex burnley players. I dont have any ideas on LB…Godfrey or Myko is not a great choice.

We missed Onana and Doucoure in the centre. With them it would have been a different game, where we are competitive, prob dont conceed those sloppy goals and come out with a 1 nil win. Everyone jumping on the managers back already and turning on the team during the game is a joke. Squad is so poor so what do we expect.
We got lucky with some other results and we need a win desperately!

My friends and family regard me as an eternal pessimist, particularly when it comes to Everton FC. But as a new member to this forum I'm shocked to learn that so many of my fellows Blues have already written off our great club.

Some of us are talking as if we are odds on to go down, but we aren't even in the relegation zone! I remember Wimbledon and I remember Coventry. I remember the trepidation and ultimately the jubilation. I didn't write us off when we were 2-0 down against Wimbledon and needed to win to stay up, so with 24 points still to play for and with 3 dire teams still below us I refuse to give up.

Dyche, rather uncharacteristically, made some mistakes against Fulham. We also sorely missed Doucoure. However, our overall home record under Dyche is solid and that will keep us up... as long as we Blues keep the faith.

We fans need to treat every remaining home game as a cup final, just as we did last season. With just a few games to go last season we were actually in the relegation zone and Burnley were very much in the ascendency. But we stayed up and maintained our Premier League status... just as we will this season.

We are Everton. We don't do relegation. In our entire 140-year history we have been relegated just twice and we have enjoyed more seasons in the top division than any other club.

Resigning ourselves to relegation achieves nothing. It simply plays into the hands of those who would love to see us on our knees and relegated to the oblivion of the lower leagues.

Keep the faith, Blues.
I think there was strong rumours that the wimbledon game involved some money crossing a certain goalkeepers hands. Hopefully we get similar luck this year...

Only in kopite circles 🤷‍♂️
Yes, sure just Kopite circles.....LOL. Guy was clearly a cheat same a Grobbelaar and the situation was reported widley in the press, not just Kopite circles. Both were charged with match fixing and if you read the evidence IMHO both guilty. But of course to prove beyond 'reasonable' doubt in a court they were guilty is extremely hard when flapping a ball in the back of a net can be subjective i guess...'oh he was just having a bad day' and 'i dont know where the 100k came from that was radomlly paid in my bank account'....
Him and Grobbelaar got found guilty of bet fixing in 1997 so make of that as you will. Dirty cheats the pair of them.

Yes, sure just Kopite circles.....LOL. Guy was clearly a cheat same a Grobbelaar and the situation was reported widley in the press, not just Kopite circles. Both were charged with match fixing and if you read the evidence IMHO both guilty. But of course to prove beyond 'reasonable' doubt in a court they were guilty is extremely hard when flapping a ball in the back of a net can be subjective i guess...'oh he was just having a bad day' and 'i dont know where the 100k came from that was radomlly paid in my bank account'....
Him and Grobbelaar got found guilty of bet fixing in 1997 so make of that as you will. Dirty cheats the pair of them.
I recall someone saying the 4-4 against Liverpool was very murky, then when I watched it back on Youtube you can see Grobelaar sort of throws Sharps header in and the final equaliser is comedy gold. The defender just lets the ball run past his feet for Cottee to score.
Pat Nevin says in his autobiography that Kenny was going ballistic at certain members of his team in the changing room after, and the things being said were unbelievable, but Nevin chooses not to elaborate. Then Kenny walks away days later. Anyone else heard this?

I recall someone saying the 4-4 against Liverpool was very murky, then when I watched it back on Youtube you can see Grobelaar sort of throws Sharps header in and the final equaliser is comedy gold. The defender just lets the ball run past his feet for Cottee to score.
Pat Nevin says in his autobiography that Kenny was going ballistic at certain members of his team in the changing room after, and the things being said were unbelievable, but Nevin chooses not to elaborate. Then Kenny walks away days later. Anyone else heard this?
Not heard that one. But anything to do with Grobbelaar is deeply suspicious in my eyes.

Which is fine. But Maupay is worse in every way. It isn’t even close. Simms would have scored at least one of those chances yesterday.
I think it’s more just that Simms might do something positive, and he suits the games when all we can do is hit crosses in and hope. We know Maupay won’t be contributing at this point. Simms offers just a little bit of hope.

I think it’s more just that Simms might do something positive, and he suits the games when all we can do is hit crosses in and hope. We know Maupay won’t be contributing at this point. Simms offers just a little bit of hope.
I would be happy to never see Maupay in an Everton shirt again - I don't think I have ever said that about an Everton player before.

I dont know why Dyche still uses Keane… Crap Player and very weak in mentality and we have choices to rotate like Mina and Coady. I think he trusts too much on ex burnley players. I dont have any ideas on LB…Godfrey or Myko is not a great choice.
I think it's because he has a goal in him and we are severely lacking that aspect across the team. All of our defence can be awful at times so better to have one who can contribute to getting a goal....maybe!?

I think it's because he has a goal in him and we are severely lacking that aspect across the team. All of our defence can be awful at times so better to have one who can contribute to getting a goal....maybe!?
It is a joke for me. Keane’s goal is amazing but dont forget he makes mistakes to lead the penalty. I dont understand why it is worth to give him time. I am so frustrated to see him to wear shirt. A crap player always makes error to let the ball in.
Dyche has changed the CB pairs since unexpected lose against. I think it is a right time to change again.

Dyche effect fades in Goodison gloom​

Everton collected six points from Sean Dyche’s first three games in charge and have gathered only six more from their last eight outings, yet the manager denies performances are on a downward spiral. “You may have noticed we have been playing some pretty handy teams,” was his pithy response when the direction of travel was put to him on Saturday. Fulham arrived at Goodison Park on the back of a five-game losing streak and departed with a club-record sixth away win in a top-flight season. Dyche’s tactics – deploying two in a central midfield weakened by the absences of Amadou Onana and Abdoulaye Doucouré – and his team selection (Neal Maupay, no more needs to be said) helped the Fulham cause. But it was the air of resignation that pervaded Goodison, among players and fans alike, that was the most alarming sign for a club edging ever closer to losing its top-flight status after 69 years. “I still believe there is a very good group of players here,” Dyche insisted. “You look at the group and think, ‘Right let’s take it on.’ It is right there in front of us.” As is an ominous-looking fixture list. Andy Hunter

Status
Not open for further replies.