Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lewis Dobbin '83

Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
images

Hello and welcome to the first game in 38 of what is already shaping up to be a wonderful season of Premier League Football.

May all our weekends be running over with the joy of 3 points.

Up first is those utterly useless no marks from London, Fulham.

Goats 11 to start, subject to change, if Kevin actually pulls his finger out :

Pickford
Patterson - Keane - Tarks - Young
Gana
Onana - Garner
Iwobi - DCL - Danjuma
Picking that side was hard, we have so few options, none of them good.

COYB
I don't mind that line-up and that midfield trio is crying out for song.

Pickford
Garner-Tarkowski-Branthwaite-Young
Iwobi-Onana-Gueye
Doucouré-Danjuma
DCL​

Strongest XI I feel. Patterson has been very poor in the games I've seen in pre-season while Garner was impressing for England U21 at right back this summer.

Desperately hoping Branthwaite gets his chance from the start and not made up wait until Keane has been given even more chances to disappoint everybody with his performances.

The rest picks itself really. If no DCL then it's tricky, but somehow the manager appears to have faith in possibly the worst striker in our history.

Hoping for 3 points but fearing that 3 points would have the board thinking we are good enough to go through the season without any more signings.

Honestly, with a more realistic look I think this is how we actually start against Fulham:

Pickford
Patterson-Tarkowski-Keane-Young
Doucoure-Onana-Gueye
Iwobi-Danjuma
Maupay
I think the only change that happens is Danjuma for McNeil, and Young in at LB. Then I think they plan to bring on DCL in the 60th minute or so. Would I like this lineup? No. But I think this is what Dyche starts with this week as he says DCL isnt fit and we dont have another winger in.

Everton 1 - 1 Fulham

Our easy start to the season not proving to be as straightforward as some imagined.

Trip to Villa to follow (0 points), and we're looking to Wolves to hopefully get a first victory of the season. Predicting 2 points from our first 3 games though.

Sheffield United is the absolute must win from the four games before the first break, they are in a sorry state currently selling pretty much every key player (Berge to Burnley) and not signing anyone experienced.

That said it's always important to get an early win at Goodison just for morale so Wolves certainly looks a decent chance if some of the walking wounded can be wheeled out for that.

What if we went a season without match threads?
Tempting …, however, think of all the significant others in our respective lives who would then be getting full whack of our embittered self-loathing! These match threads are a societal “air-wick” hoovering up our angst and keeping it from the general population. Anyways, fire all guns, damn the torpedos and just win!

Status
Not open for further replies.