• Arnaut Danjuma '71

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lewis Dobbin '83

Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't build your hopes up Blues, this is the start of what's going to be a very long Season for us. COYB!
I hope not. I have almost always had some hope of finishing new seasons somewhere in the middle of the top half, but not
this season.
All I'm hoping for now is a comfortable position not spending any time in relegation spots and I'll be relaxed with that if we win enough of these types of home matches. I won't be happy with draws.

Can’t see us bringing in anyone this week who can go into the team, so it looks like we go with what we have and let’s be honest what we have isn’t great. If, as Dyche has said, DCL isn’t fit then we have no focal and if we have no focal point there is no point. Most teams in the Premier League have a Plan A and a Plan B, some have a Plan C, we have a Plan DCL, if we don’t have that the we have Plan X and Plan X is try to draw 0-0 or snatch a goal and try to hang on for the draw. Last season we relied on DCL, looks like nothing has been learnt and we rinse and repeat.

Can’t see us bringing in anyone this week who can go into the team, so it looks like we go with what we have and let’s be honest what we have isn’t great. If, as Dyche has said, DCL isn’t fit then we have no focal and if we have no focal point there is no point. Most teams in the Premier League have a Plan A and a Plan B, some have a Plan C, we have a Plan DCL, if we don’t have that the we have Plan X and Plan X is try to draw 0-0 or snatch a goal and try to hang on for the draw. Last season we relied on DCL, looks like nothing has been learnt and we rinse and repeat.

If you look at most of the wins at home under Dyche they've all followed same pattern, keep it 0-0 at half time and then score a goal from minimal attack and hang on to that.

Tarks header from corner v Arsenal, Coleman shot from halfway line v Leeds and then Doucs 25 yard strike v Bournemouth. Last day was probably the only day where they'd been a sustained level of pressure as Gray had missed an easy header two minutes before.

Brentford was a little different as McNeill scored after a minute so basically started the match 1-0 up like at Brighton but didn't have the options to score more than once.

There's just very few goals in the 11 that will likely be put out on Saturday and also going to be without Gray and McNeill who can pop up with individualist strikes.

On winning the game it all hinges on what Mitrovic and Willian do. Both want to leave apparently so if they both phone in performances that really reduces Fulham's output going forward.

Think low scoring draw is very easy money here.

Without Mitrovic and Willian we actually have a chance, they wont have Tosin in defence as he is off to Monaco so will be relying on the new fella coming in to the Prem and performing from the off. We will get something from this, I predict being three up at half time and finishing 3-3

With no DCL we aren`t scoring, not saying Dom would but with Maupay we won`t be able to hold the ball up and be permanently in our defensive block.

As it stands Fulham still have Willian, Mitrovic, Adarabioyo, New signing Bassey is very good and a player we should have been in for, Tete, Robinson, Reed, Palhinha, Wilson who always does well against us and Raul Jimenez.

Much better quality, like a previous poster said, if they get the 1st goal it will be another 3-0. Those now expecting us to all of a sudden start rolling over teams who finished 20 points better off than us last season are delusional just because we`ve added Young and Danjuma. Last season they proved to us what a good side they are with their movement.

I just think we need to remain grounded and realistic, I think some are getting carried away predicting top 10 and some even Europe! I think we will stay up this season and I don`t think it will be as tight as last season but I think we draw or lose the opening game.

Everton 1 - 1 Fulham

Our easy start to the season not proving to be as straightforward as some imagined.

Trip to Villa to follow (0 points), and we're looking to Wolves to hopefully get a first victory of the season. Predicting 2 points from our first 3 games though.

Status
Not open for further replies.