• Arnaut Danjuma '71

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lewis Dobbin '83

Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if the highlights on MOTD made us look better than we were but thought we looked more fluid and dangerous on several attacks - by far more than I've seen most of last year.

On another day one or all four of these chances could have easily gone in. Maupays point blank flick, Doucores shot that clipped an outstretched toe of their keeper, Patterson hitting crossbar. And a perfectly good goal being allowed to stand. Yes you could argue it is finishing that let us down badly but we were seriously unlucky.

Also read this morning about personal abuse aimed directly at Maupay online after yesterday. That is disgraceful. As fans we can moan about the footy all we want, vent frustration, be critical of players, but this crosses a red line for me.
Agree bad luck for us yesterday. We should still keep this performance every week.
We should also think why we have concede a goal from Fulham.
I think it is a bad mistake and it appears at least 2 times in a match.

The defending on the Fulham goal is a complete abject collective failure. There are 4 or 5 players who didn't do their job properly, and could have taken responsibility to stop the attack.

You can't blame any individual for that. It's just a terrible collective piece of organisation and defensive structure.

No it's absolutely not the time to chill. Now is the time for urgency and immediate actions.

Our squad is currently nowhere near good enough to score the goals you need to avoid a relegation battle. If we don't improve the squad significantly, we will be in the same poisition as last year, battling for safety until the end.

And it's delusional to think we can rely on a young lad of 19 year old, and for DCL to suddenly put 20 or 30 games together.

The only delusion I see right now is people saying this team, with this personnel will be fine. We have a weaker team than May, and we barely survived. People need to be realistic and recognise this team needs significant incomings in the next 18 days.
Every single blue knows we need more signings, seriously mate
If we’d started Danjuma, dcl, McNeil (who nearly run me over yesterday), perhaps chermiti, BRanthwaite, and any of the couple of next signings we’d have smashed them yesterday

The squad when fit and with the new signings will be fine
Stop being so knee jerk

Every single blue knows we need more signings, seriously mate
If we’d started Danjuma, dcl, McNeil (who nearly run me over yesterday), perhaps chermiti, BRanthwaite, and any of the couple of next signings we’d have smashed them yesterday

The squad when fit and with the new signings will be fine
Stop being so knee jerk
I dont agree. We currently do not have good enough players and cannot rely on those already in our squad. Only recruitment fixes this.

This is not knee jerk. I've been saying these things it was clear Richarlison would be sold. Telling people they need to chill doesn't mean anything after such a long period of having no goals in the squad. People are exasperated.

For as much as some like to say our fans kept us up last season and the season before etc, which to a certain degree is true. Responsibility also needs to be taken for the negatives from the fanbase too.

It was a really good first half yesterday and in all honesty we should have been up by at the very least 2 goals. But just minutes into the game you could audibly hear groans when a player would misplace a pass. And now imagine if your a striker for Everton and havnt scored in a while, you have your first chance of the game and keep the shot low and hard and miss. Then you hear some fans shouting abuse at you straight away. What that does is makes you think? I'm just going to keep it simple, every shot I will just hit straight at the target and take no risks and that's effectively what Maupay did. He didn't want to try a cute finish or something that might beat Leno in fear that if he did the abuse would be so great it just wasn't worth it.

We all know the limitations of this Everton team, so why are some getting on their backs literally minutes into the game. Its counter productive and could be part of the reason Everton lost yesterday. You could just sense the negativity early on. We know we need a striker it's glaringly obvious, but support the team that is put out there and deserved to win.

I dont agree. We currently do not have good enough players and cannot rely on those already in our squad. Only recruitment fixes this.

This is not knee jerk. I've been saying these things it was clear Richarlison would be sold. Telling people they need to chill doesn't mean anything after such a long period of having no goals in the squad. People are exasperated.
Bigger picture ffs. You only see negatives
Danjuma, yiung, cherm, BRanthwaite, dcl and the 1 or 2 others coming in make so much difference.
You just look for reasons to moan

Were we bad yesterday? I was thankfully out watching the cricket with no signal
Same here.. village cricket at its finest. Thank god my village has no cell coverage.

I did see the disallowed goal though 🤷‍♂️ all about the angles. Some on here say we played well should won comfortable some say we've just got relegated. Good old GOT on a Sunday after 🤣

Bigger picture ffs. You only see negatives
Danjuma, yiung, cherm, BRanthwaite, dcl and the 1 or 2 others coming in make so much difference.
You just look for reasons to moan
The big picture is we have no goals in the squad

Young and Branthwaite aren't going to change that. And Dyche prefers Keane over Branthwaite anyway.

I'm not negative for the sake of it. The problems are starting us right in the face but we haven't dealt with them.

Same here.. village cricket at its finest. Thank god my village has no cell coverage.

I did see the disallowed goal though 🤷‍♂️ all about the angles. Some on here say we played well should won comfortable some say we've just got relegated. Good old GOT on a Sunday after 🤣

I watched the most illegal bowling I’ve ever seen. Shame I can’t upload video on here.

For as much as some like to say our fans kept us up last season and the season before etc, which to a certain degree is true. Responsibility also needs to be taken for the negatives from the fanbase too.

It was a really good first half yesterday and in all honesty we should have been up by at the very least 2 goals. But just minutes into the game you could audibly hear groans when a player would misplace a pass. And now imagine if your a striker for Everton and havnt scored in a while, you have your first chance of the game and keep the shot low and hard and miss. Then you hear some fans shouting abuse at you straight away. What that does is makes you think? I'm just going to keep it simple, every shot I will just hit straight at the target and take no risks and that's effectively what Maupay did. He didn't want to try a cute finish or something that might beat Leno in fear that if he did the abuse would be so great it just wasn't worth it.

We all know the limitations of this Everton team, so why are some getting on their backs literally minutes into the game. Its counter productive and could be part of the reason Everton lost yesterday. You could just sense the negativity early on. We know we need a striker it's glaringly obvious, but support the team that is put out there and deserved to win.
I’ve said this for years

Status
Not open for further replies.