Match Thread Everton v Fulham - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

ev

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cup Finals dont give us 3 points.
No they don’t, they give us a cup. But let’s simplify matters and stick to league games...

So just answer one straight question.

We had to beat Newcastle to secure 4th place in 05. We did. Happy days.

The next game against Arsenal, we couldn’t drop to 5th, we couldn’t reach 3rd.

Here’s the question: Were those two games equally important? It’s a simple yes or no.

We should win. There is goals in that team and creation hopefully get a few minutes for Allan towards the end.
I said the other day that Fulham are trying to play their way out of trouble so they'll defo go for it which leaves space for our attacking players..

9 times out of ten we'll outscore these. so I'm sticking with my 6-2 prediction for the blue boys.

No they don’t, they give us a cup. But let’s simplify matters and stick to league games...

Here’s the question: Were those two games equally important? It’s a simple yes or no.
Well, yes. And no. Or.......... mebbe?

Won’t Fulham park the bus though? Kinda invalidates pace if we’re faced with 2 banks of 4
No, just like Newcastle didn't.

Very few teams actually 'park the bus'.

Fulham's attackers and midfield work hard but their defence stays in a rigid shape. Last few games they've become more leggy and that work up top has lessened, but they outpressed Liverpool a few weeks back in the first half - they were all over them.

Fulham have had a break and it's a massive game for them.

No, so 1 game in the last 6 years wasn't must win.

But lets go back to your point, are the 3 points versus Fulham worth more than the 3 points on offer versus City?

Are any games in the next month considering not must win?

You spoke of context and you proved your point, now show why this Fulham game is worth more points than City.

Yeah, but 4-3-2-1 is what we played at Newcastle and it was just crap.

Doucoure ended up sitting far too deep and we just had a load of players running away from the ball.

We'll see anyway, but it feels like a line-up which might quickly become imbalanced.

Anyway, we don't win when we're happy with the team, so...
I think it'll work better with James in than it did with Gylfi who does very little midfield work and Gomes.

No, just like Newcastle didn't.

Very few teams actually 'park the bus'.

Fulham's attackers and midfield work hard but their defence stays in a rigid shape. Last few games they've become more leggy and that work up top has lessened, but they outpressed Liverpool a few weeks back in the first half - they were all over them.

Fulham have had a break and it's a massive game for them.
Well that’s done it for me. Antiques roadshow it is then

Status
Not open for further replies.