Match Thread Everton v Fulham - Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still not sure how Pickford didn't save that last one, not in the corner, no power, gets down to it easily and gets a full hand on it yet somehow goes under him. He'll be disappointed he didn't save that one and the one before Antonee Robinson

Pretty much on top and should gone in to the lead easilt in first 20 mins but once they scored, that was it, we were all over the place and Fulham just grew into the game. Thought we did well to get it to shoot out. Still of the opinion we did not manage their "sportsmanship" at all. Tarkoski had little drama in the 85th by feigning an attack while they spent the entire game clutching heads and rolling about. The referee and team were awful the worst ive seen this season. decisions fitness.
As they say darn sarth " we got mugged off ".

Fulham were absolute filth when we had any momentum and even worse after going a goal up, pure gamesmanship, timewasting, so many fraud head injuries especially, and the ref - while I dont think he was against us, he got hoodwinked big time.

Genuine anti football from them, won't be talked about in the media though will it...

Still woke up annoyed. I wish we had given it more of a go during the game. Too many long balls and giving the possession back to Fulham too easily. Fulham early on, controlled the ball better early on, quietened us down and you could hear a few groans. Still Onana's penalty was absolutely shocking.

Behave yourself. I would have given the PL another 10 points for winning a European competition and away days. No prestige. How long has it been running? UEFA will keep this one running. Fills their coffers with even more $$$

The intertoto cup winners was more of a chance for lower teams to enter the UEFA cup so was hardly a competition. It started and finished before the season started. Ironically didn't West Ham win that as well?!?
Newcastle won it as well

That’s how prestigious it is

The Europa conference league is in its third year now

‘ He’s Ben excellent for us on lot’s of occasions’ Are you having a laugh, lots of occasions? You can count them on one hand and have at least one finger left, he was poor tonight and the penalty put the top hat on it.
Oh, so he didn't have a good game vs burnley did he? Okay, know what, you will only appreciate him when he leaves

Slightly away from last nights game. I managed to get the match with my dad who always impresses me with his Everton knowledge.

He told me of the story of when we played Fulham in the cup during the 62-63 season. In which we went on to win the league. We couldn’t be presented with the league trophy at the end of the season due to a bad winter. The trophy had to come up on the train from London and due to the snow this couldn’t happen. At the end of the season the players lifted a ball boy and carried him around the pitch instead of the league trophy.

We were then presented with the trophy in August at the start of the new season.

Just thought I’d share.

Newcastle won it as well

That’s how prestigious it is

The Europa conference league is in its third year now
So you would only like to compete in euro competitions that have prestige.

When does an euro competion have prestige? The europa only come into being in 2009. The chumps league?

What competitions would you like Everton :-
1) to compete in
2) and win

I am baffled. I would want everton to play in every available and highest competition and have a decent chance of winning something. At the moment, the only realistic chance is the league cup and at a throw the FA cup. Being involved in a relegation dog fight every year is becoming a bit tiresome.

Even if we'd have won it in normal time we'd have been lucky, there's no getting away from the fact we were poor last night. Yeah we worked hard as we have been doing lately, but lacked quality and a lot of these footballers are thick. Er OK it's windy but let's keep punting it up the pitch instead of playing it on the deck. Duuurrr!

Status
Not open for further replies.