Match Thread Everton v Fulham - Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still really disappointed in how we handled the match last night. There was some light at the end of the tunnel if we had won that game but now it feels like we are in for a long hard Winter. Still expect us to be comfortably safe but the news re; 777 this morning hasn't helped.

Looking back at the game. it's disappointing that we were edged out on penalties and Onana must take on a solid lesson from his penalty attempt.

Overall, I can still see progress is being made, e.g. we came back from a goal down, Beto got his goal, Branthwaite proved his versatility, Keane is the unluckiest footballer I've know for years.

Three points from either of the next two games will be fantastic.

Don’t understand anything about last nights game looking back. Going 3 at the back when we have done so well with 4. Going long ball against one of the biggest goalkeepers and centre backs I’ve seen. Literally only having a go the last 10-15 mins and only having 2 shots on target. Pickford also put us in trouble with his stupid kicking to wingers when players were marking. Onana’s and Gana’s terrible pens were the icing on the cake.

I just hope when we play them at Craven Cottage the lads remember these have beaten us twice at home and celebrated in front of the Gwladys Street.

just seen the result...disappointed, but probably a reality bite. Next two PL games are tough. Spurs?...an angstgegner team for us so zero points in that one...and I feel Man City will be up for that game and I'm thinking we'll get the same number of points we got vs Spurs (i.e. zero).
In summary, we still have a lot of wood to chop to feel anywhere near safe this season.

I wonder why Pickford never took one of the penalties , I seem to remember he once took one, I think it was a friendly in the USA against one of the really big teams like Real Madrid ( I think ) and nearly burst the net with his power.

I was genuinely gutted last night, the best chance to reach a semi final or even a final in probably 10 years, it`ll probably be another 10 years before we see a chance like that again.

All my life Everton have been crap, I do not think the club will win anything ever again, the evidence is one final in nearly 30 years.... those thinking Everton will comepete for trophies ever again are deluded, absolutely deluded, the SLY 6 has the monopoly on all trophies and we will never get a good manager like Emery who is making up that difference.

Dyche is the man for the here and now but I can guarantee he will never win a trophy for Everton, absolutely guarantee it!

I`m not singling out players here, collectively they win as a team and they lose as a team, I just hope they are as gutted as I am. The other factor is how will this affect the players going to Tottenham and City? I think after this we lose both of these...

I was genuinely gutted last night, the best chance to reach a semi final or even a final in probably 10 years, it`ll probably be another 10 years before we see a chance like that again.

All my life Everton have been crap, I do not think the club will win anything ever again, the evidence is one final in nearly 30 years.... those thinking Everton will comepete for trophies ever again are deluded, absolutely deluded, the SLY 6 has the monopoly on all trophies and we will never get a good manager like Emery who is making up that difference.

Dyche is the man for the here and now but I can guarantee he will never win a trophy for Everton, absolutely guarantee it!

I`m not singling out players here, collectively they win as a team and they lose as a team, I just hope they are as gutted as I am. The other factor is how will this affect the players going to Tottenham and City? I think after this we lose both of these...
Fully agree. The air was taken out of the tyres last night. One point vs Wolves that's it from the next three games.

The most disappointing aspect is the casual,wanton almost disregard for what that one kick of a ball could have reprisented for us as a club,it just feels like a golden opportunity to kick this 28 year monkey off our back has been tossed away.
Quite. But that's elite level sport. You need players to perform and execute in those clutch moments otherwise it's back to the drawing board and another 5+ year wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.