Match Thread Everton v Fulham - Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That just shows that it’s not a lottery. The same way England aren’t good at penalties in major tournaments but the Italians and Germans are. Liverpool have an unbelievable penalty record so if it’s a lottery how is that the case? It isn’t and never has been. The same way every single player on the pitch in the second CL final between Atletico and Real Madrid knew that Real would be winning that cup.

It comes down to mentality, and the only way you build that as a club is by actually getting over the line in some of these shoot outs and not doing stupid nonsense like this.

If Liverpool and Everton ended up in a penalty shoot out to decide a league cup then every one of their players and fans would expect them to win it and our players and fans would expect to lose. Because shoot outs are down to mentality and are not a lottery.
True,you never see a RS player take a bad penalty in a shootout, they know what means to their fans to win trophies and don't do fancy dan attitudes in them.

I have a hatred for Onana at the moment at the level I had for Pickford after that shitshow in the last minute of the derby all those years ago. Pickford has paid us back and more for that error. Onana in my opinion has neither the ability nor the mental strength to do the same. Would cash in now on the overrated gimp if we got a decent fee.

And by the way that was disgraceful by sky going to an ad break at the business end of the penalty shootout. What is the point of sky if they can’t manage to show us that. Even as a neutral watching that you would be gutted that they went to an ad break at that point.

For me, we started slow then got into the game and it was all us 1st half, bar the late goal and that free kick just before the goal. 2nd half i just actually felt like we werent doing much and didnt actually think we would score, probably not helped by Fulham none stop time wasting defo the 1st 15 or so mins of the 2nd half - then we score a min later via Beto, thought we would either then go on and win it late or via pens
Fair one. I just don’t think we looked like scoring and apart from McNeil’s shot which hit the bar, I don’t think we tested their keeper first half.

Fair one. I just don’t think we looked like scoring and apart from McNeil’s shot which hit the bar, I don’t think we tested their keeper first half.
Did it even hit the bar, i must have gone that mad that he missed that i didnt even see that lol i couldnt even remember a save from their keeper the whole game and felt like pickford v Iwobi was the actual only save lol

True,you never see a RS player take a bad penalty in a shootout, they know what means to their fans to win trophies and don't do fancy dan attitudes in them.

That penalty was never about the fans, he thought it was about him. He wanted to play the big man, be the hero.

Last person to do that here was soon found out and turfed fairly soon after.

Only thing he can do now is leave everything he has on the pitch. Make a name for yourself playing football, not showboating.

It was nice feeling good about Everton for about 2 weeks there.
The players have froze tonight and bottled it, I don`t understand the constant hoofball all night in to their box, we weren`t getting anything from it and we didn`t change it up.... Honestly our home form is ABYSMAL, absolutely abysmal, Fulham have beaten us 3 time at Goodison this calendar year. They are just better than us...

With our recent form and creating many chances in games I have no idea where that performance came from tonight. We looked frantic and clueless. Apart from the goal we didn't really create anything. Massive missed opportunity as they did nothing as well and were there for the taking. Frustrating.
The team have bottled it tonight, that is players and manager...

With our recent form and creating many chances in games I have no idea where that performance came from tonight. We looked frantic and clueless. Apart from the goal we didn't really create anything. Massive missed opportunity as they did nothing as well and were there for the taking. Frustrating.
I think deep down most teams struggle to get themselves motivated for the League Cup. it's why the clubs with the big squads tend to do well in it and why you often get a small club in the latter stages

Branthwaite MOTM for me most of the others were average at best. Having said that, 4 points from our next two premier league games would more than make up for tonight. A cup would be brilliant, but, staying in the premier League is vital to our very existence.

Status
Not open for further replies.