Match Thread Everton v Dynamo Kyiv Friday 29 July 7.45pm KO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Denise needs to be sending an email out warning that anyone entering the pitch can and will be banned from future games.

Could be worded nicely, like don’t deprive yourself of the chance to go to BM etc

Slap it in the programme and announce it before matches, then show photos on the screens each match of all the idiots that have been banned so far.
I wouldn't be nice about it. While it will potentially deprive them of the chance to attend games, the collective risk to the club is what should be highlighted.

Let's be clear, sustained breaking of the rules by multiple fans (it ain't one or two) encroaching onto the pitch and going up to players will get points deducted.

Imagine if we have another Vieira incident: people may talk it down as just a bit of banter, but I think the PL do not see it like that nor with the FA.

Identify the fans from today and ban them before next Saturday; the message can go out before hand with a clear precedent set for what will happen.

The club must come first.

For me, we just don't have enough quality center backs to play with three no matter how bad our midfield looks. I think some of our midfield issues could be mitigated by just having more technical players wherever on the pitch we can squeeze them in and try to make it up with numbers. We just can't keep going with guys like Doucure and Godfrey being either afraid to play the ball forward consistently or just being unable to. You can see the difference it makes having Iwobi more central. Maybe we could try something similar with McNeil, who has spoken in interviews of his long-term hopes to move more centrally as a midfielder.

Maybe a 4-3-2-1 like this?:

Screenshot from 2022-07-29 17-13-16.png

At least that team looks capable of maintaining possession for longer stretches, though it might struggle a bit to gain it in the first place against better teams. But at least in games where we're already expected to be on the front foot, I'd be interested to see it.

This happened at many home games last season because a child below the age of ten isn't going to face a criminal charge, so the risk is much smaller.

Are we going to ban a child as well? If they get a shirt, they'll see it as worthwhile. These short-sighted idiots won't be happy until we get a points reduction.

They need banning, the parents that is. The child will get the message when they have nobody to take them to the game.

As for a points deduction, I think that’s very unlikely. You will end up in a situation of people tactically running on the pitch to get teams a points reduction. Imagine that was the rule last season.

We would have fans attending Burnley, Leeds games to run on in the hope of getting them deducted points to help our own situation. And the same for us with other teams.

Much more likely will be heavy fines, and reduced attendances home and away or a complete stadium ban for x amount of games.

They need banning, the parents that is. The child will get the message when they have nobody to take them to the game.

As for a points deduction, I think that’s very unlikely. You will end up in a situation of people tactically running on the pitch to get teams a points reduction. Imagine that was the rule last season.

We would have fans attending Burnley, Leeds games to run on in the hope of getting them deducted points to help our own situation. And the same for us with other teams.

Much more likely will be heavy fines, and reduced attendances home and away or a complete stadium ban for x amount of games.
If said fans are arrested, it wouldn't be hard to identify where they're from. Yes, fines and closed stadiums are the more likely outcome, but it's not worth the risk.

I think with our perilous financial situation and the potential risks that comes with that, we need to do as much as we can to reduce a severe punishment.

The Stop Oil pitch protester was arrested and charged. What's the difference here. Don't have to get them all, just enough to send a message. And they can't say they haven't been warned

Status
Not open for further replies.