Match Thread Everton v Dynamo Kyiv Friday 29 July 7.45pm KO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, but totally disagree
No apology necessary mate. We'll have to agree to disagree (and, I'm happy to clarify you weren't one of those I was thinking about when I made my Tory comment). I understand the current rules and recent guidance, and yeah it'd be very different next week if it happened again in the league. But tonight - pfft.

What would your thoughts on the matter be when we get a huge fine/games played behind closed doors or a points deduction?

The authorities are dying to slap one on us and with every new regulation it is usually us and just us that are punished as the example.
I'm as one-eyed as anyone in terms of percieving a bias against us, you can't be a Blue without noticing the rough end of the stick we get. I'll concede it doesn't set a great example (and ok, I get the context of Palace etc), but it's a only a friendy. Worse will happen to other Clubs without getting more than a slap on the wrist. I'll be the first to hold me hands up if I'm wrong.

I think the club will be ok for the kids. but only tonight, not for a proper game

And I can't stress enough how bad the PA is with announcements and subs and everything.. for H & S it's vital we do something even if it's only to make announcements on screen
Exactly

We all remember back in the 70s/80s when kids used to run on at the end of matches in flared jeans and jumpers, but they were just patting the players on the back before being ushered off by kindly coppers.
This show tonight saw them demanding players' shirts in a most unseemly fashion. I suppose it's a sign of the times but it will see us in trouble as a club if it isn't stopped. The players and, crucially, the manager god bless him need to be told to turn the other cheek, I'm afraid.

Good stuff. We're up and running.
Window's been underwhelming so McNeil goals were a nice surprise.

Wondering if Frank is thinking a 3313 with Deli da 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.