Match Thread Everton v Crystal Palace - Waffle, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dismal game, that. The last thing you want when it’s that friggin cold.

Thought Palace were crap but they defo had all the chances and only for Virginia are we through. Some honking performances for us, mainly the two wide players and Dom. Gomes was the brightest outfield player by far. Things need to improve from an attacking sense as we are creating very little and the defence will only hold out for so long.

It were bloody cold tonight, football was absent.

clearly McNeil and Harrison are passengers at the moment, both looked knackered. Dyche should have made changes earlier, seemed content with the dullest game ever.

Crystal Palace are certainly no better than us, in fact probably the worst team at Goodison this season, apart from us.

It were bloody cold tonight, football was absent.

clearly McNeil and Harrison are passengers at the moment, both looked knackered. Dyche should have made changes earlier, seemed content with the dullest game ever.
Crystal Palace are certainly no better than us, in fact probably the worst team at Goodison this season, apart from us.
Thought Harrison suffered from players not giving him an option frequently. McNeil needs a fortnight in the sun, has worked his butt off all season and in addition the stress of his partners illness..he is human after all.

….getting through after being drawn away to Palace is no mean feat, so it was a difficult tie to overcome.

Was only thinking the other day that I couldn’t remember the last time we scored directly from a free kick so that was a good goal to see. Clean sheet over two legs against a team with a threat in the top third, so it has to be defenders to the fore, I’ll go for Virginia as MoM.

….getting through after being drawn away to Palace is no mean feat, so it was a difficult tie to overcome.

Was only thinking the other day that I couldn’t remember the last time we scored directly from a free kick so that was a good goal to see. Clean sheet over two legs against a team with a threat in the top third, so it has to be defenders to the fore, I’ll go for Virginia as MoM.
Apparently 1090 days ago I belive they said on everton radio last night

Digne’s last minute free kick versus Watford was our last goal from a direct free kick. It’s something we must improve on.

In terms of the game, Virginia saved us last night because we were lacklustre at best, with no intensity at all. Gomes and Garner looked bright.

Palace weren’t great at all, but I would be disappointed if I were a fan of them because they had chances to put the game to bed.

Dom’s body language shouts a lack of confidence, and it was echoed in his footwork on the ball. Harrison… wow! Twas bad!

Status
Not open for further replies.