Match Thread Everton v Crystal Palace - Waffle, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like we were a little bit fortunate from the highlights I watched, but sometimes they don't tell the whole story. Virginia made some good saves or we could easily have conceded and gone to ET.

We needed a positive result just to keep up morale and get things looking a little bit brighter. It's a tricky, but winnable home game next up so hopefully another full house and another positive result.

Some positives to take after a crappy week of Evertonia.

Virgina again looked composed and made a brilliant save after an early bit of the Pickfords with his rushed kicking. A more than capable understudy to Jordan.

Branthwaite, Patterson, tarks, Myko, garner continue to impress.

Gomes had a very good game and was progressive and tried to make things happen at the sharp end of the pitch, whilst working hard for the team.

DCL did a job, goals will come if we can sort supply out.

Players are fighting and together, along with the manager who has to take immense credit for the way he is going about things, considering he’s now the clubs communications manager as well as first team coach.
Anybody seen our illustrious communications manager anywhere?! Me neither.

We won and are into the 4th round - happy days!

Atmosphere was understandable given the temps and the constant punches to the gut we keep getting, no point having a go at people or moaning.

Onward evertonians.

On a positive note I took my eldest (6) to his second game last night in the Family Enclosure and he enjoyed it... Second game and second 1-0 win. Although we left at half time in the Leeds game last year, but stayed for the full match this time.

Positives in a typical Everton week and all that

Didn't watch the game but have viewed the short highlights posted on here. Great to see Andre Gomes scoring. I thought Joao Virginia made some decent stops to keep us in the tie, so I'm voting him MotM.

On a positive note I took my eldest (6) to his second game last night in the Family Enclosure and he enjoyed it... Second game and second 1-0 win. Although we left at half time in the Leeds game last year, but stayed for the full match this time.

Positives in a typical Everton week and all that
Quoting myself I know, sorry...

But the more I re-read my post and think about it, the more I think it is not a positive that he is being brought up as an Evertonian.

Sad days..

Listened via Everton Radio... I do not subscribe to ESPN+, but from all accounts I am hearing I did not miss anything. Just watched a few highlights and call it a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.