Match Thread Everton v Crystal Palace - Team Prediction, Waffle, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
When you build your attacking options around a 40 yr old winger , Doucoure who can't control or pass a ball to save his life and a centre forward who hasn't scored in 20 games you know that
a. The manager hasn't got a clue and
b. We have no chance.
We don't look to Doucs for incisive passing just to come through with vital goals. Got no one else to play that role. Fully agree with the questions on Young and DCL though. Mad how a year ago we were hoping he was just fit. Probably had his best spell injury free in years and we want to switch him

What has happened to DCL man, 3-4 years ago he was a monster the next big thing in the EPL, I understand the lad's had some pretty shocking luck with Injuries, but looks like he hardly gives a toss nowadays.

Never known such a talented player to just fall into obscurity.

Absolutely abject, we are not quite as bad as Burnley or Sheffield United, but, we are every bit as bad as any of the other teams in the bottom half. We really are a tough team to watch, the only thing that makes it bearable to watch us is, and I am by no means his biggest fan, is the excellence of Dwight McNeill's first touch, it really is a thing of beauty, if only the rest of his game was as good.

Anyway, my MOTM once again, the ultimate professional, Mr. James Tarkowski. I was concerned by the length of his contract when we signed him, just goes to show, I am not the kind of person you should give a director of football job to.

Fair to call out Dyche for player selection, tactics, etc. Regardless, Doucoure, Garner, and DCL (x2) each had massive chances to score and just couldn't do it. In my view, that's on them and it's the same story for the club against mid-table and lower-level clubs match after match.

The dam has to break at some point, doesn't it?