Match Thread Everton v Crystal Palace - Team Prediction, Waffle, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Think it’d be disrespectful to a recovering Hodgson if Palace won, to be honest.

You can’t get better on the pitch when your nonagenarian boss, in the middle of his sacking, has just wheeled out of hospital.

They need to roll over to be properly respectful of their established form.
I'm liking the cut of your reverse reverent jib here...

Palace's only two genuinely good players out injured.
Palace's manager on his deathbed and not in attendance.
Palace conceded 7 in past two games.
Everton at full strength.
Everton at home in front of 39,500 passionate fans.
Everton with an impressive clean sheet record this season.

Prediction:
Everton 0-2 Palace

Palace's only two genuinely good players out injured.
Palace's manager on his deathbed and not in attendance.
Palace conceded 7 in past two games.
Everton at full strength.
Everton at home in front of 39,500 passionate fans.
Everton with an impressive clean sheet record this season.

Prediction:
Everton 0-2 Palace
I hope we don't Everton it up.

IMG_8041.jpeg

I feel good about this game........a rather strange sensation.
4 - 0.
Dom brace, Harrison, Beto
I still remember sitting watching us beat City 4-0 in the days before Tom had his skidmark hairdo. I kept muttering "Four nil....four nil against Manchester City....." (Mrs TT was in attendance so 'City' would have meant nothing to her). If it were the same tonight I'd be turning cartwheels.

Did I mention that I have a rather big lathe?

Big game because we haven't won this year and against Palace who have their brightest out, it's a great opportunity.

We will hopefully have Doucoure back plus with Onana which is a huge boost because our midfield has been playing on fumes. I think it's time to rest Garner personally who has run himself into the ground and he could do with a rest plus a great option off the bench.

I would like to see Dobbin get some minutes but I have a feeling McNeil will start showing more form.

Godfrey should be fit and I don't see why we would swap him out despite Young, Patterson and possibly Coleman being back.

XI v Palace
Pickford
Godfrey - Tarkowski - Branthwaite - Mykolenko
Onana - Gueye
Harrison - Doucoure - McNeil
DCL
Godfrey must sit this one though. This is a game we have to attack more, so our full backs should push up and deliver crosses, he cant do that.
As Young is one of Dyche's favourites i expect him at RB. Assuming he thinks Doucs is fit to start though. otherwise Young plays at right wing

If Douc is fit he has to start for me . Probably alongside Garner - Onana or Gana is probably the decision to make for me.
No doubt he'll shoehorn Young in somewhere

Pickers
Coleman - Tarks-Brainthwaite - Myko
Harrison Gana Garner McNeil
Doucs
DCL