Match Thread Everton v Crystal Palace - Team Prediction, Waffle, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Either way you look at it, either they've sacked him while he's ill or lied about his health when he's getting sacked. It's a pretty crappy way of doing things.
I delighted but astonished that Roy is commanding so much affection and respect.
He has usually been just “Woy” or “The Owl” or “a dinosaur “.
A bit late but appreciated all the same.

Not that Oliver Glasner will take over, but that they will change manager. But it's not surprising for me, because they considered him last summer before extending with Roy for another year.
Along with about half a dozen others. But I take your point about changing manager. After the Brighton debacle it was very likely.

New manager bounce (or regression to the mean for the stat-heads amongst us) is simply a statistical phenomenon.

A manager tends to get sacked after a prolonged run of bad form. That form won't last forever, and when the losing streak comes to an end after the appointment of a new manager, we all talk about new manager bounce, when really it's just statistics.

As has been mentioned, the new manager won't bring with him the fitness of Eze, Olise, Ghuehi or Doucoure... arguably Palace's best/most important players - which is important to bear in mind if you're worried about new manager bounce.

Christ I'm getting boring in my old age.