Match Thread Everton v Crystal Palace - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Crystal Palace

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Needs to be a 4-3-3 for me. There are many annoying things about today, but perhaps the most frustrating is that before the red card we were great!

—————Pickford—————
Coleman—Holgate—Godfrey—Mykolenko
——Allan——Iwobi——Doucoure——
——Gordon—DCL—Richarlison——

DCL was giving all the stretches an exaggerated pose in the last 5 so I don’t know if he’ll be fit for Thursday. If not, I’d play Dele instead.
Palace caused us problems in the cup but we played a 3-4-3 with Coleman and Kenny wide. We need to match them up and play for 90 minutes like we played for the first 18 today.
Think Gordon is shot. Love the kid but he's looked it for a few games now. Where's El Ghazi at? Chuck him in I say or at least bench him. Also might be a lil too early for Godfrey. Shame about Delph. Think he brings a calm to the midfield the others don't. Like the Dele shout

Needs to be a 4-3-3 for me. There are many annoying things about today, but perhaps the most frustrating is that before the red card we were great!

—————Pickford—————
Coleman—Holgate—Godfrey—Mykolenko
——Allan——Iwobi——Doucoure——
——Gordon—DCL—Richarlison——

DCL was giving all the stretches an exaggerated pose in the last 5 so I don’t know if he’ll be fit for Thursday. If not, I’d play Dele instead.
Palace caused us problems in the cup but we played a 3-4-3 with Coleman and Kenny wide. We need to match them up and play for 90 minutes like we played for the first 18 today.

godfrey is injured so it’s keane

Villa 5 Burnley 0
Everton 1 Palace 1

going into final game 3 points above burnley with our GD being -20 and Burnley's GD being -23

Burnley win 1-0 they go to -22

we then just have to avoid defeat to Arsenal by 3 goals

if we lose by 2 goals it goes to goals scored and we are way ahead of burnley on that

but this is all pointless because villa probably won't win 5-0

made me laugh lol

Be nice if they got a early red card and we had some startingly dubious VAR decisions go in our favour.

Got to be winning this, not a chance I back our lot to get 3 points at the Emirates.

2-0 Everton - Gordon and DCL

We need to stand firm and keep our nerve. Without the first sending off today we were fine. Everything that could go wrong, went wrong. We deserve a change in fortune on Thursday.
You know that’s not how it works, don’t you mate? We can’t rely on some cosmic intervention just because we had a bit of bad luck today.

We need to start just as fast as we did today and we need to make early dominance count.

Come on Everton. Just win this match. Don't really care how. Just win.
And come on Brentford at the weekend......Just in case.
If we stay up because Brentford beat Leeds. I and every Everton supporter in the land will take that. Up The Bees.....
But .......Let's just do it ourselves. Don't know what sort of a team that Lampard will put out. But he needs to get this one right. Then this nightmare season is gone.......over.. kaput . We move on.
And no more of this nonsense next season. Thank you. Up The Toffees..

Think Gordon is shot. Love the kid but he's looked it for a few games now. Where's El Ghazi at? Chuck him in I say or at least bench him. Also might be a lil too early for Godfrey. Shame about Delph. Think he brings a calm to the midfield the others don't. Like the Dele shout

I keep forgetting we signed him, then someone reminds me, which make me ask for the millionth time 'why'.

Sort of sums up the last few months.

Till next season.

I know it's it's easy for me to say, but I think your be fine. If you play like you did before the red card today, your beat us.
I worry about us against pace, but today showed that attack is our best form of defence. If we can get at you early like we did Brentford then we have a chance.

I really like what Palace have done this season. I obviously hope you play abysmally on Thursday but otherwise best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.