Match Thread Everton v Crystal Palace - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Crystal Palace

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eze & Zaha win them this game, unless a miracle occurs.

We need to win, because if we draw and Burnley beat Newcastle on the final day, we have to hope Leeds don't beat Brentford to stay up.

Honestly you have to say this is the final chance for this squad. You can forgive yesterday, but if these players cannot put in a "win and you're staying up" performance then they need to be told they have no future here.

Arsenal game is a comfortable loss that will put us out of reach on goal difference from Burnley, so we need to do it on points, which it looks doubtful.

For me it's 100% dependent on whether Brentford can win, as we will not do it for ourselves.

I might look at the most favorable odds on a Leeds win final day and lash whatever I can afford to lose on it.

Eze & Zaha win them this game, unless a miracle occurs.

We need to win, because if we draw and Burnley beat Newcastle on the final day, we have to hope Leeds don't beat Brentford to stay up.

Honestly you have to say this is the final chance for this squad. You can forgive yesterday, but if these players cannot put in a "win and you're staying up" performance then they need to be told they have no future here.

Arsenal game is a comfortable loss that will put us out of reach on goal difference from Burnley, so we need to do it on points, which it looks doubtful.

For me it's 100% dependent on whether Brentford can win, as we will not do it for ourselves.

I might look at the most favorable odds on a Leeds win final day and lash whatever I can afford to lose on it.

you’ve just said said “eze and zaha win them this game easily”

then said our players do they have it in them

which is it?

We can beat these. No ifs or buts or maybes. We can beat them. We started ok again Brighton and it would've been a different game with 11 vs 11. Play like we did at the start yesterday for the full 90 and there's no reason that we can't do it. I can't believe that we still have another chance to save ourselves at this stage. Its way more then this team deserves but we've got to take this chance. Its the biggest game the club has had in almost thirty years. We can do it ffs! COYB! UTFT! ETID!

I could give you example after example of our games (Chelsea’s) where I think the officials haven’t operated within the guidelines. It’s what the supporters of every club are now doing when on the face of it the ref has not enforced the laws and VAR hasn’t corrected what ultimately is a subjective call as opposed to a matter of fact such as a missed handball or offside .

Alas and yes I know VAR isn’t there to overrule those subjective calls

Defenders tugging away at shirts has long been almost accepted and to be fair in our loss at yours at both ends players were blocked off players had hold of opposition players shirts at corners in particular.

Does that make it right? No of course not but when the result goes against you it’s inevitable that you look at the decision that you think goes the against you . If you win you sort of dismiss those that were waved on just as you very quickly ignore the oppositions claims when they feel aggrieved

I actually don’t think Oliver got a lot wrong. (Queue the abuse ) the shirt pulling could have been a penalty but on the other hand it’s easy to see why the ref don’t penalise such incidents and as to the question as to why VAR didn’t intervene is quite straight forward in that it wasn’t a clear and obvious error and even then because we don’t hear the discussion between the officials and Stockley Park.

Just to add that just about every clubs supporters believe they are treated harshly. Perhaps the most paranoid are the Arsenal supporters who genuinely think there is a conspiracy against them . They argue the refs collectively for the last 20 odd years have some sort unwritten agreement to single them out.

Those supporters most recently point the Holding yellow cards against Spurs and suggest that the ref was wrong similarly they say the Spurs penalty was soft but is there two types of penalty ? Nope it’s not soft or hard it’s a penalty and the push by Cedric on Son ( pains me as a Chelsea supporter to say ) was indeed a stupid challenge and one made with out any intention of even trying to play the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.