Match Thread Everton v Crystal Palace - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Crystal Palace

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lads let's get real here. If we can't beat a 12th placed Crystal Palace side (that's only won ten league games all season) at home, under the floodlights when our Premier League status itself is guaranteed with a win then frankly we deserve to go down and there's no point in even getting upset about it.
Problem is it doesn’t get dark until the second half.

You are right though. Have to throw everything at it and get it done.

Lads let's get real here. If we can't beat a 12th placed Crystal Palace side (that's only won ten league games all season) at home, under the floodlights when our Premier League status itself is guaranteed with a win then frankly we deserve to go down and there's no point in even getting upset about it.
Absolutely right. Entirely in our hands. Throw everything at it.

I was there mate. I saw what happened thanks. We might do at bit better this time if we don't have to play 70plus mins with less men on the pitch
So, then, you understand that the form/position of the opposition and the passion/desire of our players is no guarantee of success?

If we go down it isn’t because we failed to beat Palace under the lights, etc, it’s because we were the third worst team in the Premier League over a season.

Frank has to earn his corn here and approach the game in the best possible way to get us a result. We can’t keep putting the onus onto fans to gee the players up.

Praying that Keane is better for this…which is a phrase I never thought I’d utter.

Also hoping Allan is fit enough to play as I cannot see gomes in a two man midfield again.
If not allan then maybe vdb can shake off whatever Knock he has and put in one last performance for us.

So, then, you understand that the form/position of the opposition and the passion/desire of our players is no guarantee of success?

If we go down it isn’t because we failed to beat Palace under the lights, etc, it’s because we were the third worst team in the Premier League over a season.

Frank has to earn his corn here and approach the game in the best possible way to get us a result. We can’t keep putting the onus onto fans to gee the players up.
The point is that if we can't beat a fairly mediocre side at home in such an important game then we deserve relegation because the team is championship standard. The game itself isn't why we deserve it obviously but its a perfect symbol of why we deserve it.

The real problem is 99% of the players we have really are championship standard at best and all the support from both fans and the manager can only get them so far. We just have to hope that on Thursday we get a full 90mins of the of play that matches opening 18mins we got today.

My feeling for a long time is their is a distinct lack of commitment in this squad. I dont see much evidence to the contrary.
I think your instinct is almost certainly right in some cases, but you’ve only got to look at Frank’s level of mistrust in the wider squad and running his first XI into the ground to see that there has to be a genuine element of fatigue and injury in the squad.

There are so many negative elements contributing to the season we’ve had, that it’s very hard to make the case that, en masse, players just “aren’t up for it”.

Personally I want this season over, preferably with us safe, and for us to start to build a culture of accountability within the squad. Get rid of those elements you’re talking about, back the DoF and manager to bring the right replacements in and for management at all levels to live and die by their own choices, without any meddling from that biff at the top. Only then can we get some real semblance of an idea of what’s going on behind the scenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.