Match Thread Everton v Crystal Palace - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We were very poor today but got the result which was the most important thing. I think the reason why the game was poor was because Palace were set up to frustrate rather than play and we still struggle to break teams down who start that way.

Anyway a win is a win and up to eight now and another clean sheet. As for Palace if they continue to play that way then they look destined for relegation

Maybe I'm being harsh. Just didn't think he had his best game defensively today. He was good, but just not his usual self - I think Palace got through the midfield pretty easily a fair few times.
Specsavers!!
Second best player on the pitch behind pickford

Specsavers!!
Second best player on the pitch behind pickford

Fair enough, it's a game of opinions.

I'm a huge fan of Gueye. He's vital to how we play and I put that in my bit as well. Not slating him, just think he was a tad off compared to his last few performances, which have been excellent.

Very happy with the win today against a Palace side that looked very well organised at the back.
The substitutions were truly inspired today and, as the Sky commentary team said, it clearly showed that Marco really wanted to win the game.
On another subject, I thought that was one of the worst displays from a referee that I've seen in ages; not just for us but for both teams. It's easy to understand why professional footballers get so frustrated when a referee can be so inconsistent with his decisions.

Anyone who could describe us as not just "poor" but "very poor" must have a very poor memory to be honest.

The referee was indeed bad today, giving Gana a yellow for a shirt tug but letting Tomkins off his consistent GBH. If it was a penalty for Palace then it should have been a penalty for us. Inconsistent refereeing decisions every Premiership game. These guys are actually getting paid to be rubbish at their job.

It's nice to have a team full of players, with a few exceptions, you genuinely are rooting for to succeed. Not just because they play for Everton but because they are likable.
What a great point Johnny.
I think you are spot on in saying that we do have a squad of likeable players. I've always found it quite hard to get behind any player just because he's wearing our famous blue shirt. I want him to act, think and play like an Evertonian, and that means much more than just pulling on the shirt once or twice a week.
Great post my friend!

Very good display by the Blues against a very competitive and aggressive Palace. Maybe Hodgson's defensive display deserved a point from his point of view, but we had c.20 shots at their goal and Pickford had hardly anything to do apart from the penalty. Excellent display by Gomez who had not played a game for ages. The crowd came away "buzzing" as they say. For the first time in ages we have strength in depth. Silva is putting belief back in the crowd. Keane was excellent. There were no passengers today.

Status
Not open for further replies.