Everton v Crystal Palace. 7th Dec at 20:00.

How do you reckon we will get on?

• Win

Votes: 146 71.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 34 16.7%
  • Lose

Votes: 24 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Opportunity to do what?

Beat a nothing team at home?

Every single game we play or have played this season is worth 3 points, they are all huge games.

For me it's about mentality. The reason we've not won consecutive league games for a long time is because whenever Everton get close to achieving anything they usually shoot themselves in the foot (last week being a prime example). With the league the way it is and our fixture list everyone knew we had a chance to make a serious statement. Two no shows v West Ham and second half Bournemouth and we're still in the Everton safety blanket of mid table ie far away enough from anything that might be considered an achievement. With other teams losing tomorrow is a great chance to climb the table and put us in a good position. If we take it it would show that we might be serious about doing something in the league. If, as usual, we choke when the chance is there then I think it's fair to say we would be better focussing on the cups.

On the face of it Crystal Palace are are good team for us to play against, they have to score to get any sort of a result, therefore they have to come at us. If we set up right and have the right attitude we will win this. It could be 4-2. Definitely won't be 0-0.

I would start Baines, Galloway has been a bit of a revelation but we are still missing the balance we get from Coleman/Baines.

Although this match will never in a million years decide where we finish it will certainly show our intent if we win and win well tomorrow.

Must Win this and stick it to the RS who they and everyone else thought would do Newcastle big style today .... Makes you laugh the stupid hype after they win a couple of matches. Come on blues another big home win !

Opportunity to do what?

Beat a nothing team at home?

Every single game we play or have played this season is worth 3 points, they are all huge games.

To get to sixth position and within 7 of the leaders. With an away game to Norwich to come.

Clearly you cant grasp the fact our rivals have all dropped points this weekend, hence an opportunity to get ahead.

The big positive is both Zaha and Sako are out which will leave them weaker on the right hand side so hopefully less pressure on Galloway/ Baines returning to full fitness.

The battle on the left will be a game decider imo, If we let Bolasie get the better of us we could fall on our backsides whereas if we can get him out of possession and isolate their LB for Deloufeu and Coleman to double up on the break.

Likewise they will be thinking same of Geri.

I personally think most managers would go more defensive on that side with Geri in the form he is in. But knowing Pardew I think he will go toe to toe.

I'm looking forward to a good game.

I think we've got the edge going forward - but we've got to restrict their counter attacks.

McCarthy and McArthur had a good partnership at Wigan. I thought Martinez should have signed McArthur as a replacement for Barry.

LOL @ someone reading the preview.

I actually liked the preview, but perhaps in addition you could add an indication of the potential weather at the game so we can ensure we are suitably attired.

Looking forward to Martinez bringing in Osman to replace McArthy to counter the Palace pace on the break and put Howard in goal to avoid us having a clean sheet.

Hopefully we can out score them.

Great preview @ijjysmith prefer yours to that other geezer @chicoazul who should only be let loose for charity shield previews in my honest humble opinion.

Tough game tomorrow, good side Palace so if we aren't at the very top of our game we won't be getting the 3 points. A good chance to make some ground up on those above us and the form our boys up top are in I'm hoping will continue. 3-1 to the boys in Blue. Hope Lukaku hits 50 tomorrow, what a scoring record that it. I've been unfortunate enough to see the following play up top for Everton

Stuart Barlow
Joe Max Moore
John Spencer
Brett Angel

So to see a striker actually slotting for fun is quite refreshing.

COYB!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.