Match Thread Everton v Chelsea - team prediction, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Three Premier League wins on the bounce, we haven't done that for years. Again built on by solid defending, protection in front of the back 4 and we put away 2 of our chances. Solid performances throughout the team, great credit to Dyche and his team.

….Garth clearly not impressed by us;

IMG_7310.jpeg

Last edited:
Well, that was marvelous. My first visit to Goodison in 10 years - I live in Berlin - and my fourth in all. My unbeaten run continues: three wins (Spurs '97, Charlton '99, Chelsea '23) and a draw (Villa '13).

A few random observations:
  • I thought Liverpool city centre looked more prosperous than I remembered it on previous visits, lovely compact place.
  • The new stadium is an absolute game-changer because, in my outsider's view, the city has been conceded.
  • You'd barely know Everton existed in the city centre, with Liverpool shops and advertising everywhere, including in hotel brochures.
  • Goodison is looking its age, but the stadium tour is charming and homespun. A highlight of my weekend.
  • There were fans from Iceland, Singapore, and the US on the stadium tour. The draw of the Premier League - the magnificent new stadium will capitalise on the international market and gives us an edge. No more reliance on buses. Ours broke down...
  • The EFC staff - stewards, tour guides, etc. - are a credit to the club. Full of good humour. Never lose that - no matter how salubrious the new gaff.
  • I visited Tranmere on Saturday. Impressive ground, nice people - no love for LFC there as we watched them beat Palace at a marquee in Prenton Park.
  • Sean Dyche has Everton organised, committed, and honest as the days are long. We might not be brilliant, but we are a team that any fan can get behind as every player knows his job.
  • I was sorry to leave the Old Lady for likely the last time - but am more convinced than ever that it is absolutely necessary. Thank God Kenwright never got his way with Kirkby. We are going somewhere wonderful and right slap bang in the heart of the city.
  • Liverpool Airport on a Sunday night had four flights: Dublin (2), Belfast, and Shannon. I was back to Ireland on the latter before returning to Berlin tomorrow. Lovely to see so many blue hats and shirts. I'd hate to be there when the other shower play, though...
  • We've got a real chance to do something special this season: staying up in itself will be that. I wouldn't completely dismiss a League Cup win either...

Well, that was marvelous. My first visit to Goodison in 10 years - I live in Berlin - and my fourth in all. My unbeaten run continues: three wins (Spurs '97, Charlton '99, Chelsea '23) and a draw (Villa '13).

• I thought Liverpool city centre looked more prosperous than I remembered it on previous visits, lovely compact place.
  • The new stadium is an absolute game-changer because, in my outsider's view, the city has been conceded.
  • You'd barely know Everton existed in the city centre, with Liverpool shops and advertising everywhere, including in hotel brochures.
  • Goodison is looking its age, but the stadium tour is charming and homespun. A highlight of my weekend.
  • There were fans from Iceland, Singapore, and the US on the stadium tour. The draw of the Premier League - the magnificent new stadium will capitalise on the international market and gives us an edge. No more reliance on buses. Ours broke down...
  • The EFC staff - stewards, tour guides, etc. - are a credit to the club. Full of good humour. Never lose that - no matter how salubrious the new gaff.
  • I visited Tranmere on Saturday. Impressive ground, nice people - no love for LFC there as we watched them beat Palace at a marquee in Prenton Park.
  • Sean Dyche has Everton organised, committed, and honest as the days are long. We might not be brilliant, but we are a team that any fan can get behind as every player knows his job.
  • I was sorry to leave the Old Lady for likely the last time - but am more convinced than ever that it is absolutely necessary. Thank God Kenwright never got his way with Kirkby. We are going somewhere wonderful and right slap bang in the heart of the city.
  • Liverpool Airport on a Sunday night had four flights: Dublin (2), Belfast, and Shannon. I was back to Ireland on the latter before returning to Berlin tomorrow. Lovely to see so many blue hats and shirts. I'd hate to be there when the other shower play, though...
  • We've got a real chance to do something special this season: staying up in itself will be that. I wouldn't completely dismiss a League Cup win either...
Great stuff mate. Glad you had a good time. 👍

Fantastic week who'd of thought 6 points from those 2 filthy rich clubs
Would like to see us get abit more possession could cost us
but hey cant have it all and how im loving the journey home listening to all the narked chelsea and newcastle fans moaning that they need to spend more money,on the phone in shows lol

….lovely account, delighted that your last visit was a win and the Old Lady was bouncing.

That Jackson fella was bad and was just wantin to be startin something, he's needing to take a good hard look at the man in the mirror.
I suspect looking in the mirror is one of his most popular pastimes lol

Needs to work on his core too judging by how easily he was pushed back after the throat grab. Lightweight in stature and ability if yesterday was anything to go by!

We need to raise a formal complaint with the PL if they have decided not to do anything. No more Mr Nice Everton and all that!

Status
Not open for further replies.