Match Thread Everton v Chelsea - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Christ who’s voting for Iwobi there. The guy was dire today!

Atmosphere felt better today and thankfully we got behind the lads. Restored my love for the club after listening to “going down” chants at Anfield midweek. Huge 3 points.

Was in my local last night and saw a guy I didn't know who was wearing an Everton golf shirt. There aren't many Blues in my neck of the woods, so it had to be an omen.
My last game of golf was 18 years ago. A big group of us were playing a tournament at Wairakei International course, off the championship tees and pissing with rain. I shot 40 over par...have never picked up a golf club since...

For those younger lads who watched today. That was what everton was all about. That's the least you would expected when going to a match. That effort. Intensity, Aggression made goodison a horrible place to go for away teams. The atmosphere was top today. That's what's goodison was like. And then we also got some great football. But that comes with confidence.

The younger lads who have continued their support through such negativity over the last 5 years I hope ye see more of what ye saw today over the next months. I hope it gets ye off yer seats. Singing. Chanting. Standing up on yer seats. That's what goodison is about. We will be gone soon to the docks so dont mind that lady over the speaker telling ye to sit down. We need the noise to climb the table.

The good football will follow but we need results first.

I don't get how DCL gets any votes. I know he scored two (but that first one should have been put the other side of the keeper and not the way he was diving - DCL got lucky), but generally the ball never sticks when it goes to him. He never nicks possession or makes a killer pass and he often gives away stupid fouls when we are building a bit of pressure. Richarlison was MOM for me. Always harrying their defenders, nicing the ball off them and crucially, keeping possession when it was played up to him. Kudos to the defence too, especially Holgate. Iwobi, Walcott and Davies are championship players!

I don't get how DCL gets any votes. I know he scored two (but that first one should have been put the other side of the keeper and not the way he was diving - DCL got lucky), but generally the ball never sticks when it goes to him. He never nicks possession or makes a killer pass and he often gives away stupid fouls when we are building a bit of pressure. Richarlison was MOM for me. Always harrying their defenders, nicing the ball off them and crucially, keeping possession when it was played up to him. Kudos to the defence too, especially Holgate. Iwobi, Walcott and Davies are championship players!
I will be kind as I can: if you think DCL had a bad game, give your head a wobble.

Status
Not open for further replies.