Match Thread Everton v Cardiff City - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a go as much as you want, no problem, as for the game I was in the Park End from start to finish: As for Tosun being better than Niasse in every department you can rule out in scoring and pace for a start, by the way I rate DCL as
Everton's best striker, at the moment, and he will get better the more he plays.

Tosun has a better goal per game ratio in English football ( albeit only slightly lower )

niasse is faster like but that's hardly a compliment as tosun doesn't have much pace

Have a go as much as you want, no problem, as for the game I was in the Park End from start to finish: As for Tosun being better than Niasse in every department you can rule out in scoring and pace for a start, by the way I rate DCL as
Everton's best striker, at the moment, and he will get better the more he plays.

I think they're all 5 out of ten, with different attributes (2 for each)

HTML:
<table>
<tr><td><b>Player / Attribute</b></td><td>Pace</td><td>Chasing</td><td>Scoring</td><td>Hold-up</td><td>Counter</td></tr>
<tr><td><b>DCL</b></td><td>1</td><td>2</td><td>0</td><td>1</td><td>1</td></tr>
<tr><td><b>Tosun</b></td><td>1</td><td>1</td><td>1</td><td>1</td><td>1</td></tr>
<tr><td><b>Niasse</b></td><td>0.5</td><td>0.5</td><td>1.5</td><td>1</td><td>0.5</td></tr>
</table>

Equally, they're all loyal, put in some effort. DCL is youth and also a 'World Cup Winner'. So whilst we're out of Europe it's gonna be hard to get more like Rico without mega bucks. So let's hold' em, rotate and wait til maybe Christmas or big signings next summer - at which point they'll have hopefully shown some development and more form and we'll look credible for a decent tilt at top 6.

I sort of think DCL has the most potential and is one of us. Niasse and Tosun have this season to go with heads held high or end up a bit "meh". I like all of them so hope they do it.
Let's go with two of em to start and the third on for 30 minutes to all have a realistic chance of banging a few past these. Give Nico / Sigs a half each, Walcott and Lookman likewise. We believe in 'em or we don't

Matt

Last edited:
If we get an early goal we could run riot. Because of Sigurdsson's injury worry I'd play Bernard just behind Richarlison up top and give Lookman a go on the left wing, I fancy Walcott to bag a goal for some reason.

In an ideal world we'll be up comfortably about 55-60 minutes in and can give Richarlison a rest before next week, possibly even get some game time for McCarthy if things are going well.

Tosun has a better goal per game ratio in English football ( albeit only slightly lower )

niasse is faster like but that's hardly a compliment as tosun doesn't have much pace

Tosun has had more of a run of games/mins to see how the team works so he should be ahead, Niasse gets the odd mins here and there.

Both are not good enough but I think Silva knows this too.

One of those games where almost everything indicates we should be smashing these, particularly as we're at home. Alas, we all thought that against Huddersfield and West Ham. Still, going for 2-0. Gana Gay man of the match.

That Spice the gear fella?

Status
Not open for further replies.