Match Thread Everton v Burnley - Waffle, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
DCL still not finishing his chances, but credit for the goal despite keeper error. That said, it looked to me like he was playing with a bit more confidence. We will need him down the stretch. Branthwaite man of the match for me, cleared the danger many times.

DCL still not finishing his chances, but credit for the goal despite keeper error. That said, it looked to me like he was playing with a bit more confidence. We will need him down the stretch. Branthwaite man of the match for me, cleared the danger many times.

if dcl can’t start now a roll deffo would help

21/22 - 31 games, 29 points
22/23 - 31 games, 27 points
23/24 - 31 games, 29 points plus points deduction incoming...

That Luton result has not helped whatsoever.

Everything suggests this is going to Arsenal away, which if it does we are done.
23/24 would have been 35 - maybe we've turned the corner

Four points in the next two games and we're almost there - keep the faith

God Dyche sounds horrific on the radio. It's like the Hamilton's Water Breaks guy with a voicebox trying to do an impression of Phil Mitchell.

100%. And we have absolutely no idea if it's gonna be closer to 2 points or 10 points. Genuinely could be any amount between 0 and 8 points. 5 or more and we're already buried imo - we ain't going to Luton and winning playing the way we have for 5 months, absolutely no chance at all. Still a chance of staying up of course, especially with our fixtures being what most people would consider as favourable, but playing like that and with the manager almost waiting for the side to concede before taking off players that can barely move... it's not a good sign.
All fair points mate, personally I think some of our malaise is due to simple confidence… 13 games without a win etc, another points deduction hovering, takeover debacle etc… all adds to general negativity around the place … I do feel some of that ‘noise’ translates to both the crowd and the players at Goodison (which is absolutely understandable btw)…that makes the simple things during a match all the harder (ie to play safe or risk a forward pass).

I hope we have now started to turn a corner on the pitch 🤞🤞🤞

Regarding the points deduction, is there no possibility that it could be deferred to next season? So that we aren’t hit with 2 deductions in the same season?