Match Thread Everton v Burnley - Waffle, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Real shame about Luton turning it round, but they’ll be more annoyed with us winning than we are with them. They need to catch us and they aren’t.

One game closer to that finishing line.
Christ, imagine if that 0-3 -> 4-3 last month hadn't happened. Bournemouth, even though I'd like to see their ground disappear into the bowels of hell from whence it came, still get a pass.

So unconvincing - Probably the easiest remaining fixture we had.
Due to the fact Sheffield will be down by the time they rock up at Goodison and will probably be rejuvenated.
Still a lot of work to do especially when Masters gets his way on monday too.
That worries me 😔… feel sick about another possible / probable points deduction Monday

Really sickens me that we should be happy / relaxed (comparatively speaking)… for rest of weekend from getting a win but all I can think is that we get those points taken off us Monday!!!! 🤬😡

Watched it in a bar in Majorca with my 14 year old lad and 79 year old dad (3 generations of toffees nervously commenting on every misplaced pass etc). I was the only one having a beer and not sure how they could handle the nerves without a bit of assistance to be honest!!! Anyway, a massive 3 points and hopefully a bit of confidence for the remaining home games to keep us up. UTFT.

21/22 - 31 games, 29 points
22/23 - 31 games, 27 points
23/24 - 31 games, 29 points plus points deduction incoming...

That Luton result has not helped whatsoever.

Everything suggests this is going to Arsenal away, which if it does we are done.