Match Thread Everton v Burnley - Waffle, Match Report & MotM Poll

Our season so far has mimicked many a Burnley season under Dyche. Half decent start leading to a mid season drop off and the spectre of relegation, before a strong finish down the home straight with survival p much guaranteed with a few games left to play. We have about 5 or so six pointers in the next period. This is a HUGE game to kick it off - we win this and I think we do end up cruising to mid-table, points deduction permitting. We lose it and I think the writing is on the wall.

In the first fixture at their gaff they caused us plenty of problems with their front-to-back style of play. The only reason they didn't get more from us was their genuine lack of quality - poor first touches, crap passes and whatnot. Although we won that game confidently, I actually thought we were pretty poor and both our goals were horrid.

Burnley have seen an uptick in performance levels recently and have been causing teams problems. I think they've been unfortunate to come away with 3 points in quite a few of their score draws. And you know what happens when teams come to Goodison with that kind of form. I have a horrible, sinking feeling that we lose this something horrible, two or three nil to them.

Have to go back to the team that was getting us results early in the season:

Picks
Young - Tarks - Branners - Myko
Onana - Garner
Harrison - Doucoure - McNeill
DCL​
This was basically the team starting in the last 13 games as well^^