Match Thread Everton v Burnley - Waffle, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If your 'master tactician' doesn't win against his former club, then it's curtains for him i'm afraid.

Right he’s ’my’ master tactician just because I didn’t want a bloke fired immediately who kept us up last season ahead of Southampton Leeds Leicester despite having a shocking squad, and is on course to keep us up this season despite having a 6 point deduction.

Yeah not wanting him fired immediately this season is exactly the same as me being up his hoop so much that he’s now become ‘my’ manager rather than Everton’s.

If we can,t pick up enough points for Burnley, Forest, Brentford and Sheff Utd, all at home, we deserve everything that comes our way. Personally, with the exception of Brentford { maybe draw } im looking at max points.

Surely Danjuma is available for Saturday by now? Im sure hes been 'on the grass' for a week now

IMG_8496.jpeg

For a team who score a lot of their goals from headers (usually set pieces) we play far too narrow.
Think 442 is the best option as the wingers are all too happy to come inside. They need to almost be on the touchline all game and trust having 2 cms and 2 cfs to cover the centre.

With danjuma not being fit, I reckon Harrison should play (I know). But I think he would play better with patto supporting (or Coleman if fit), as it has worked before. And with Myko and Mcneil on the left, thats 4 natural avenues to whip the ball into 2 big aerial threats.

BUT we will probably play 4231 with a cb at rb, young as a winger, and mcneil almost touching Doms balls. If this happens it will be hard to watch and we will hope to score from a corner.

This was basically the team starting in the last 13 games as well^^
I'm not sure this is strictly true?

Feel like we've fannied around with various different right backs (Why Godfrey?), Doucoure has only just started playing properly again, and Gueye is making more appearances now than he was earlier in the season.

Although, having checked fixtures, looks like Gueye started and finished most of our wins this year. Which is baffling

All have dropped off a cliff form wise since they were getting us results.

This is probably true.

Not sure what to put it down to? Dodgy management? Fatigue? Gypsy curse?

I'm not sure this is strictly true?

Feel like we've fannied around with various different right backs (Why Godfrey?), Doucoure has only just started playing properly again, and Gueye is making more appearances now than he was earlier in the season.

Although, having checked fixtures, looks like Gueye started and finished most of our wins this year. Which is baffling

This is probably true.

Not sure what to put it down to? Dodgy management? Fatigue? Gypsy curse?
All of the above!

Right he’s ’my’ master tactician just because I didn’t want a bloke fired immediately who kept us up last season ahead of Southampton Leeds Leicester despite having a shocking squad, and is on course to keep us up this season despite having a 6 point deduction.

Yeah not wanting him fired immediately this season is exactly the same as me being up his hoop so much that he’s now become ‘my’ manager rather than Everton’s.
You would think you’re his son the way you waffled on and called out his critics, including myself, early on this season but have seemingly gone quiet on that front since mid December.. why is that?