Match Thread Everton v Burnley - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although one was unfortunately offside I can't remember the last time we've just overwhelmed a team scoring goals like that within the space of minutes, excellent to watch
I've seen the opposite happen a few times over the years, where we were the ones crumbling to pieces. So yeah, very refreshing to see us doing it to someone for a change. Just goes to show how much a part the fans play in football. No way that result goes the same way last season in an empty Goodison. Without fans, football is nothing.

Just re-watch and feel the energy from the stands, as the Townsend and Gray goals go in...magical...the roof came off when Doucoure put away the offside goal.

Same with his goal against Southampton, the sound of the ball smacking the back of the net followed by the roar of the crowd. Can't beat it.

Last 18 months of football in general was horrific to watch in sterile empty grounds.

Even though we all deride fans taking videos at games, there is one knocking about on twitter which covers the Townsend and Gray goals in succession. As Townsend cuts in, you can hear "have a go...go on...get in..." very reminiscent of the shouts before Jelavic goal v City..."just f**kin hit it lad...."cue eruption

Even though we all deride fans taking videos at games, there is one knocking about on twitter which covers the Townsend and Gray goals in succession. As Townsend cuts in, you can hear "have a go...go on...get in..." very reminiscent of the shouts before Jelavic goal v City..."just f**kin hit it lad...."cue eruption

that the crutches one? if so great clips them

Fair play to Benitez last night, our initial set up wasn’t working - he worked out what was needed and changed it.

I must have been one of the few to be happy to see us going 3 at the back - they play 2 up front, so we could man mark their forwards and have the spare man to attack the ball. It didn’t work - our full backs were too high and they pressed us, meaning we had to knock it long which they dealt with no issue.

He brought on Gomes to give us the extra man in the middle, which allowed Doucoure to have a greater impact going forward as he became the spare man.

It’s a simple game at times.

Fair play to Benitez last night, our initial set up wasn’t working - he worked out what was needed and changed it.

I must have been one of the few to be happy to see us going 3 at the back - they play 2 up front, so we could man mark their forwards and have the spare man to attack the ball. It didn’t work - our full backs were too high and they pressed us, meaning we had to knock it long which they dealt with no issue.

He brought on Gomes to give us the extra man in the middle, which allowed Doucoure to have a greater impact going forward as he became the spare man.

It’s a simple game at times.
I have to admit after the first half I was asking to have Townsend to be the first substitute to be made with him not very much in the game at that time, but it shows what I know.

Get Townsend off

Think that's that.

These will snide this out against our lot of soft arses.

Benitez is as clueless as the ref

Come on Benitez, show us some coaching! :coffee:

All of you “proper fans” who said Rafael needs a chance, reveal yourselves so I can smite you.

Is Benitez waiting for us to go 2-0 down before changing this?

Errr Waiter - there's some dross on the pitch. Can you change it please?

Benitez has got it massively wrong tonight, Gomes not the answer.....

Tactical genius
D9D4A938-26AF-49D1-BA23-505456DB29BE.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.